Author
Topic: CBC  $5 1917   seal-color varieties  (Read 4517 times)
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: March 04, 2007, 05:53:57 pm »

Dear  Fellow  Collectors:   My  antique  catalogue  states  that  the  Canadian  Bank of  Commerce  1917  $5's  were  issued  in  two  varieties:  "Green  and  red  seal"  and  "multicolored  seal."   Is  this indeed  correct??   Can  anyone  provide  me  with scans  of  the  two obverse  varieties??    
                Incidentally,  does  anyone  know  where  I  could  get  a  nice  scan  of  the  1866  Province  of  Canada  $10  note??   I  understand that  Jack  Veffer  had  one.  
                                                                                         Bernard  Schaaf              

kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:05:44 pm »

Have you found all the images you were looking for?

KC's Canadian Currency
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:31:41 am »

Dear Kid:

My antique (1980)  catalog states  that  the  CBC 1917 $5's come in two varieties,  either  white (untinted) face with "tint consists of seal only,"   or  "overall face tints with seal."   I have the latter variety, the green-tinted face, for sure.  But of the white, untinted face variety, I have only a note with a very light seal which appears to me to be red and green only, not multi.  So I guess what I still need is an image of the "15-04A0-1a,"  the whiteface variety with the multicolored seal.   Do yopu happen to know where I can get such an image???    THANK YOU for noticing my query and for replying.
                                                                             Bernard Schaaf MD
Bob
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »

I can send you a scan but you will need to PM me with your email address.  The file is 15x larger than this site permits.
The numbering from the 1980 catalogue was abandoned long ago.  A new numbering system was implemented with the second edition and continued since.

Collecting Canadian since 1955
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 12:40:23 am »

Dear Bob:      Thank you for the information and the offer of image.  My E-mail  address is:
                                 bernard_schaaf@hotmail.com
That was interesting that all the catalog numbers are now differerent.  My old Charlton listed quite a few of the Caribbean notes as Specimens (only),  but it is my impression that circulated copies
of several of these  8-) 8-) 8-)notes have since turned up.  
                 Is there anything I can do for you??                             Bernard Schaaf
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:07:29 pm »

Dear Benard

I have found a scan of each type from the white background veriety. I will post them as soon as I get home. In the mean time I would like to see any other images you have received for these 2 notes.

KC's Canadian Currency

Login with username, password and session length