Author
Topic: Buyer (and seller)Beware!  (Read 24421 times)
buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 06:27:41 pm »

Do you think there is any chance the fed may be really agressive and cut rates by .50 basis points. We should venture into .97 territory if they do.

Well they did it Rob. 50 Basis Points
98.64 today
Parity is within striking distance
This momentum may bring us to .99 by tommorrow
canada
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 09:32:45 pm »

I'm against sellers selling notes in USD for some time,especially if said dealers are hoarding notes bought in this doomsday currency.The USD has lost all support technically,and you had better divest yourself of it or be prepared to lose another 25-40% in the next year or two.This could be devastating,but if your a Canadian collector, buying paper currency or coin in the cando will become more and more attractive as the days wear on,be patient.

The $USD Black Hole of Calcutta, defined as .8230 support fell overnight and thru today like a hot knife thru butter.  Soon you will be looking back at 1.36 on the euro.

The US dollar is headed for .7200, the euro to $1.36, a quick hard down, and then well beyond on the upside. Gold is going to $761 but that is only for starters.

As we told our clients .8208 the dollar goes bye bye.Sure enough that fell quickly today as well.. Next stop the battle at the bridge of .8057. Once again if it gives up the ghost at .8057 then .5600 is the downside target. If it puts up more of a fight then .8230 did then .7200 is the pull.

Take a look at the 1month,3month,and 1 year chart of the USD.I have not seen a chart this ugly since Enron.

Finex close 81.93-- $1.13778, several years ago it was $1.6165.

You aint seen nuthin' yet folks!

hehehe..look at today's market activity...dollar 1 cent away from par.
canada
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 10:01:47 pm »

All this talk about fundamentals and analysis is a waste of time in my honest opinion.  The technicals are applicable only in very small trading periods of time.  A good investor diversifies and looks at the broad long term picture.  Also look deeper for the real story.

Thus, I could have told you that the CDN dollar was heading for par decade ago.  It was written to occur around the time the North American Union was to form.  Do you think the elites leave things to chance and "free market operations"???...i don't think so and it would be naieve of you to think so.  It's been planned to happen this way.  They brag about it in various ways.  I have countless books and articles written by the "movers and shakers" of this world that prove this statement.  I know what's in the works the next 10-25 years!  I'm no psychic, I just realize everthing is planned decades in advance and read about it.

Sad Fact:  The price of gold is determined by 1 and ONLY 1 individual in this world on a daily basis.  He wakes up everymorning and makes the decision.  Don't be conned!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:23:39 pm by canada »
canada
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 10:17:31 pm »

We also don't have a disclaimer saying that we are not responsible for members of this site who decide to steal nuclear technology and use it to invade a small country in the middle of Europe. The loophole is there and it can be exploited.

Jeez... What ever happened to just having a place where people could share information in a friendly and helpful manner? These days we have to have disclaimers for every conceivable thing. We have to be referees to settle petty little fights, and even when we ask for more information, we get criticized to no end and in fact accused of supporting the person who we asked for more info from. On top of all that, we have to watch what we say for fear it might piss off one group or another. We have to post dictionary definitions of the words we use because everyone interprets them differently. Will everyone just RELAX?!

I couldn't agree more!
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41:56 pm »

The thread entitled "OT: Suspended for selling ICCS coins on eBay???" was shut down by a Mod in very short order whereas the "Buyer (and seller) Beware!" and "Amero Debut" threads have been allowed to prosper for the longest time. This seems inconsistent to me as the ICCS/eBay thread is more directly related to numismatics than the Buyer Beware and Amero threads. In particular, if eBay decides to banish ICCS (the longest-established coin grading service in Canada) then that will not augur well for the acceptance of the Canadian paper money grading services on eBay, and that should be of direct concern to all of us.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:59:31 pm by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
Agio
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007, 08:14:50 am »

True Ottawa but ol BWJM is a frisky sort of fella  ;D
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007, 10:53:15 am »

You guys want to whine and complain? You get your threads closed.

Happy Wednesday.

Please keep threads relatively on-topic.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length