Author
Topic: $5 1986 prefix HNB, signed Bonin-Thiessen  (Read 7318 times)
Bob
« on: April 13, 2004, 06:29:14 pm »

I am now aware of two 1986 $5 notes in series HNB which were issued with the obsolete Bonin-Thiessen signatures.  (The discovery of this note was alluded to in the editorial on page 3 of the latest CPMS Newsletter, but nobody seems to have noticed!) :(  The two known examples are in the 9.2M and 9.4M range.  There are surely more out there - what are the signatures of the highest reported (9.5 M) on this forum?  It would be useful to get a rough idea of how many there are and their serial number range.
In my opinion these are another case of "good overs", similar to the EET $10s and EPW $5s.
Any information or discussion would be welcome - please send me an instant message if you don't want to go public.  Thanks!
Bob

Collecting Canadian since 1955
Bob
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 10:50:01 pm »

I still know of only TWO Birds series $5's prefix HNB, Bonin-Thiessen signatures.  One is in Alberta, one in Quebec.  Do be alert for these – it looks like they are going to be rare, and well worth watching for.  My good friend "bccollect" tells me that there are normal K-D signed notes in the 9.3M range between these two (9.2M and 9.4M).
I would very much like to hear about any others which may have turned up, preferably in time for inclusion in the June issue of the CPMS Newsletter.
(Incidentally, there are still only TWO $5 EPW signed Crow-Bouey known - the only other instance of good overs in the Birds series - and both are in BC.)

Collecting Canadian since 1955
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 01:57:08 pm »

I believe that the Bonin-Thiessen HNB notes could be just as rare as the AUH Thiessen-crow prefix on the 2$

Login with username, password and session length