Author
Topic: Fuzzy Patch on Birds $20 - Fake?  (Read 5965 times)
bwho9d
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:16:06 am »

I bought around 10 bucks worth of food at my school cafeteria. Since I didn't have any other paper money on hand, I paid it with a fifty. I got a Birds $20 and a bunch of other paper money and coins. I would usually check my change, but I was in a hurry so I just quickly shoved the money back into my pocket.
  It was until I got home that I noticed that the $20 was bigger than a Birds $10. The Optical Security Device was "fuzzy" but changed from gold to green when held at a 45 degree angle (normal). It was similar to the bill in my recent post here:

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=4741.0

I currently only have this Birds $20 in possession, but I'll be visiting the bank in Edmonton in a few days, and will request a Birds $20.
  My question is: Is this counterfeit?

Here is a picture. It is not that clear, but it might help:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7089/fuzzypatchon20dollarstd4.png
m_samourai
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:43:19 pm »

Regarding the OSD, many of them are fuzzy right from the printing. The note looks ok to me, but I've only encountered one fake ever:  a journey $10-non holostrip, and what gave it away was the paper felt wrong, too heavy, didn't bent right. 
bwho9d
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:30:02 am »

Regarding the OSD, many of them are fuzzy right from the printing. The note looks ok to me, but I've only encountered one fake ever:  a journey $10-non holostrip, and what gave it away was the paper felt wrong, too heavy, didn't bent right. 

You're right. It is genuine. The bank teller said I can deposit it if I wish. I'm keeping it, since the Birds $20 are gradually disappearing.

Also, the older bills without the holographic stripe are easy to counterfeit. Someone else in the forum had a fake similar to yours.

Edit: Checked with UV checker. Planchetts glow. GEUNINE
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 04:14:37 am by Neon Zidane »

Login with username, password and session length