Author
Topic: Newbie question  (Read 3607 times)
Fever
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:27:05 pm »

I hear a lot of talk about front plate and back plate numbers.  Can someone direct me to a site, or explain to me, where the plate numbers are found on CDN banknotes.

Secondly, when going through a brick of new bills, is the general thinking that if there is a note that is out of sequence with the rest of the brick then more probably than not the anomaly note is most likely an insert?

Still learning and love the site.  Sorry of these questions come across as dumb but hey....we all had to learn somehow right?

Thanks in advance
Frank
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 05:46:05 pm »

Hi Frank!

Actually there will be a very detailed article in this site that will include all information regarding Journey Series Replacement notes and will also have reference to sheet layouts and position numbers (They no longer use plate numbers as they do not use plates anymore)

This article should be posted in roughly about a week.  ;)

You can visit Hudson's site if you want some pretty in-depth  information. But it is pretty heavy duty and might be a little bit over your head if you are new to the hobby!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/collectorsgallery/BlackBoxMystery-01.htm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:47:57 pm by X-Savior »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Fever
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 05:52:58 pm »

Thank you X-Savior

I eagerly await the article and in the meantime will read Hudson's site and start the education process.

Cheers
Frank
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:00:42 pm »

They no longer use plate numbers as they do not use plates anymore)

So why are members still asking for faceplate and backplate numbers when describing notes in brick searches ???

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 06:31:57 pm »

Well, this has just been bad habit actually. I have made a special effort to correct myself so that it will catch on. Just like people who still say BABN.... The company is now BAI (British American International).

Back in previous series when they printed notes with Actual Plates, each plate had a number (Thus Front and Back Plate Numbers). Now they use these numbers as "Position" numbers. It provides a position on the sheet of notes (Front and Rear). The notes are actually printed from a drum now.

So if we want to truly be correct with Journey Series we must use the term Position Numbers.  ;)

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length