Author
Topic: Very strange dream...  (Read 10974 times)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 25, 2004, 07:55:29 pm »

I have no idea how I got into this dream, but here it was in a nutshell..

I was in a meeting with a bunch of people, and I was handed some brand new Journey $50 and $20 bills.  The $50 had prefix AHA, and the $20 were AYP.  Strange indeed, but maybe a sign of things to come?  ::)

Marc :)
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 08:35:21 pm »

You must have had a really good look at these notes in your dream ..... even noting the prefixes.  So what did these notes look like otherwise?

Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 08:57:39 pm »

The $50 was a nice deep red, and the $20 was the same olive green as on the birds issue.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 04:59:28 am »

AYP... That would imply that we will see no new prefixes for the $20s until the Journey notes are released late this year.

AHA - Interesting idea.

Why do I get the feeling you know more than you're leading on?  ;)

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 01:03:23 pm »

Brent, we don't control our dreams  ;D

I guess your actual knowledge plays a part in dreams too.  Both AYP and AHA are very possible prefixes.  Though AHA would be the first ever $50 printed by BABN.  We got CBN now printing the $100, so why not BABN print the $50?

jonathan
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 05:59:36 pm »

I think that if there are any more new Birds $20 prefixes, they will be of the EW* or EY* types (CBN).  We might continue where they left off at E**'s or AY*'s as the new Journey $20 gets issued.

As for the new Journey $50, I predict that the debut prefix will indeed be AHA.  The CBN has been printing our $50's for almost 30 years and I think that BABN should take a shot at printing our new $50's for awhile.  The CBN is currently printing our new Journey $100's with EJ* prefixes right now - the debut prefix on the new $100's was BJY, but all the others were EJ*'s.

Later, Jonathan
jonathan
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 09:12:41 pm »

AYP might be one of the last prefixes of the Birds $20's.
We still got a few prefixes to go on our Birds $20's before we see what prefix appears on our new $20's - who knows?   ???It might be an unexpected prefix...

I'd be pretty astonished if Marc's dream does comes true.

Jonathan
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 09:15:15 pm by jonathan »
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 12:27:56 am »

I checked a couple of on-line dream dictionaries to help interpret your dream:

"If you dream of looking at money it shows that you will have an opportunity to reach your goals and increase your income".

"dreaming about money, refers to your attitudes about love and matters of the heart. It is frequently a symbol for sexuality and power."

"To see numbers in your dream, signifies unsettled conditions in business resulting in uneasiness and dissatisfaction."

emsteph
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 11:20:10 am »

So dreaming about money, may actually help you obtain money...!?!

I can certainly vouch that the same does not hold true with women.

Mind you, it may also have something to do with the fact that I'm married...   :-/

Money, women, and beer. Now there's a dream!!   ;D
54devs
  • Only money will help me now !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 08:14:24 am »

You guys have really nice dreams. All I have are nightmares of falling into an abyss of debt.   ;D

54devs
jonathan
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 10:41:52 am »

AYP is indeed released on the Birds 1991 $20 issue.  There is no way of knowing which prefix is going to be the debut prefix on our new Journey $20's until they do get released.

However, I still predict that the debut prefix for the Journey $50's will indeed be AHA.

Later, Jonathan
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 01:38:35 pm »

Time to change my prediction. :P

I have a hunch the AY* series will finish the birds issue.

So for the Journey, I think either.  BVA, BWA, BYA  for BABN. Or if CBN: FVA, FWA, FYA.

I still stand by AHA for the $50.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 01:39:39 pm by Marc_G »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 02:24:20 pm »

You're forgetting about the "I" denominational letter.  Both the BABN and CBN Birds $20s started with AIA and EIA.  They then moved on (in this order) to S, V, W and Y, which is where they both are at the current time.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2004, 03:05:12 pm »

I think that after the release of AYZ and/or EYZ, we might possibly see AZ* and/or EZ* prefixes, since denominational letter "Z" has never been issued in any three-letter prefixes on any denominations EVER!  And if the $20 note (Birds or Journey) is to release denominational letter "Z" anytime, it may very well be the final new denominational letter in Bank Of Canada's history of three-letter prefixes.

So far, the $20 note has released five denominational letters (that being I, S, V, W, and Y) - only the demised $1 notes have had that many denominational letters in three-letter prefixes (A, C, F, L, and M - "M" is now a secondary $50 denominational letter).  The demised $2 prefixes have had four denominational letters in 3-letter prefixes - B, G, R, and U.  The $5's have denominational letters N, O, and P.  The $10's have letters D, E, and T.  The $50's have letters H and now M.  The $100's have letters J and now K - "K" was another formerly retired prefix, originally on the demised $1,000 note.

I think that the $20 prefixes will have AZ* and EZ* before we go back to denominational letter "I" with the BI* or FI* prefixes.  Now whether it will be on the Birds $20's or the Journey $20's, only time will tell.

And that's my twenty buck's worth.

Later, Jonathan
jonathan
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 11:21:16 pm »

Over the past several months, we have seen prefixes EWA-EWY, EYA, EYB, EYD, and EYE (oh, and of course, AYP), and we still haven't seen EWZ and EYC as yet.

I strongly but confidently predict that EWZ and EYC will be the final new prefixes on our birds $20's before the Journey $20's get released.

With that prediction, I think that the debut prefix for the new $20's will either be AYR or EYF, with the new Jenkins/Dodge signature combo.

Well, It's time for me to hit the sack.  I will be back tomorrow.  It's almost 10:00 p.m. out here in NL.

Good night, sleep tight, until we meet again, as Lawrence Welk would always sing.

Jonathan
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 07:37:59 pm »

EYE exists already.

jonathan
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 08:36:52 pm »

Yes, Marc.  I already knew that EYE exists already.  I said in my last post in this thread that "over the past several months, we have seen prefixes EWA-EWY, EYA, EYB, EYD and EYE".  We just haven't seen prefixes EWZ and EYC as yet.  I believe that those two prefixes will possibly be the last new prefixes on our Birds $20's before the new $20 gets released.

Later, Jonathan
JB-2007
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 10:08:06 pm »

Yes, Marc.  I already knew that EYE exists already.  I said in my last post in this thread that "over the past several months, we have seen prefixes EWA-EWY, EYA, EYB, EYD and EYE".  We just haven't seen prefixes EWZ and EYC as yet.  I believe that those two prefixes will possibly be the last new prefixes on our Birds $20's before the new $20 gets released.

Later, Jonathan

Johnathan you have told us this like 4 times now!  :-/
jonathan
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 12:33:21 am »

Well, now that you mentioned it, I say enough already.
No more prefix predictions for a while.  I sure don't want to feel like I'm abusing the forum by making repeated postings four or five times. :-[

From now on, in the highs/lows section, I will only make high or low postings for certain prefixes, or start a new prefix with a new thread.

Bye for now,
Jonathan ;)

Login with username, password and session length