Author
Topic: SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD BRICK SEARCHERS ARE GUARANTEED A PROFIT?????  (Read 22829 times)
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 11:11:28 pm »

It's also a hassle to return the notes back to the bank, and it's quite a security risk carting so much money in and out of the bank when you order bricks. To me, it's not worth it, but I still do it every now and then. Also, doesn't depositing so much cash in a month trigger a flag with the bank's central system?  ???
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 11:20:50 pm »

Also, doesn't depositing so much cash in a month trigger a flag with the bank's central system?  Huh

Yes it does. The Anti-Fraud and Money Laundering department will flag you right away. It is just a matter of time before your next visit to the branch will be one you won't forget.  ::)

With Plenty of experience and getting shutdown a  few times you begin to learn the ropes (And the Do's and Do Not's). They are hard lessons you will need to take in stride.

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Deehong
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2008, 02:09:30 pm »

Brick searchining in my opinion is helping  a hobby that relies on up to date information, given by many people from all over. 

if we never had brick hunters, we would not of known of replacement notes, asteriks, short runs, error notes etc.  The whole hobby would be lost. 

To be able to look at a note that is crisp/clean and uncirculated in the general public and be able to give that specific note a new home to be admired, and investment increase possibly is  satisfying. 

1 other thing that we have to take into mind is that we all as papermoney collectors are a special breed, when we recieve change back what do we first do..... flip it around and look at the serial numbers.  Is it a rare bel, a changover, a low number, etc etc etc.  This interest would not be possible if we never had brick hunters give us information on short runs.  rare notes, changeovers. 

Can you make a profit on this..... Well the largest profit you make is knowing you are educationing a large group of intellegent people with a similar hobby.  I have not covered all my cost yet but  in time will find the notes that really mean a huge importance to me.  And it will hopefully be ing unc. 

My humble opinion. 

cheers

Polarbear

Wow that's EXACTLY what i do when i get change back from a cashier or any where, Filp the note around and look at the serial number. My friends use the thiink i'm weird and paranoid of getting a counterfiet bill. But the truth is what PolarBear meantioned.

:D
EyeTradeMoney
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »

Banks are worst than Satan when it comes to being evil. Why would you remove 1991 quarters or radar notes? Why make them in the first place?

Last time I went to the bank asking for some brand new U.S. $20's and $50's (one each), the teller took them out and flicked the bill to make the beautiful UNC bill into a bare EF. I told the little teller "I'm sorry can I have another one please? I'd like it to be completely brand new". I even took my plastic sleeves out for the teller to get the idea. The teller takes out two new notes, lies them in front of me flicking them once again ruinning the beauty. I stare at the dumb teller for 5 seconds and go "why did you do that?" - "the notes were perfectly brand new and you just made them look used". "Sir, I have to make sure there aren't more than one note when I take them out".

They won't even give me a $1000 bill. They act like I was asking for them to commit a crime for me. "The law says we have to return them to the central bank".

*"Flicking": Not sure if it's the right word. It's the finger-snapping motion when you want to seperate two notes or make sure you did not grab more than one.

Unreal.
EyeTradeMoney
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2009, 11:02:49 pm »

Compare what you get from your bank

Which is nothing.

and what the bank takes away from you

Which is everything.

I actually get way more benefits from trading coins and bills than leaving this money in the bank.
I don't trust banks, and surely never will. Always feel like i'm being robbed with a smile.

I'll beg to differ on that smile part.

Banks have trillions of our dollars, providing absolutely nothin of productive or innovative to society. Go figure.

I have worked at a bank before and I have taken a course on "Anti-Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering". They basically teach you on how to become a master criminal.

It's very simple: Deposit a large sum of legitimate cash and they will harass the hell out of you for doing so. The proper way washing hundreds of thousands of ill-earned dollars is to open many accounts with many different banks and spread them out (ie: Pay the banks 20 times more fees than you normally would) and you'll be fine.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2009, 03:56:55 am »

It's true, the banks give any average joe enough information to become a fraud artist.  I guess that is why they screen for integrity (but sometimes not for social intelligence lol)  flick ..... flick flick.
That is meant light-hearted of course.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2009, 09:06:21 am »

Banks are worst than Satan when it comes to being evil. Why would you remove 1991 quarters or radar notes? Why make them in the first place?

Obviously you have issues with banks....but nothing you say here has anything to do with this topic....maybe start a thread where you could whine about banks so I don't waste my time having to read through your complaints....

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length