Author
Topic: HOH 7.060-7.100  (Read 3772 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:19:33 pm »

Hi Forum

I was just looking through the wiki site and was wondering how many HOH 7.060-7.100 were around.  I have not heard too much about it.  If I am not mistaken, these came out very late  and was not in the  last book. 

Does anyone know what the trends are to this insert?  Thanks

Cheers

Polarbear
blumax
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:01:55 pm »

Does anyone have any background on the HOH 7.010 replacements?  The only HOH info on the CPMF seems to be related to 9M and above.  Thanks.

blumax
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:42:33 pm »

Anybody notice the price on these replacement in the 20th Edition?

I almost couldn't stop laughing when I saw they were priced at $150 UNC....  :o  ::)

Does anyone know WHY this is? This even when the book was being put together it was well known these notes were worth far more then this.  :-\

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 05:14:16 pm »

No market value has been established on this range of notes as none have been sold publicly on eBay,
public auction or dealer's table.  I am sure the catalogue price will be adjusted when there is a verifiable
sale of a note in this range.

The BEL entered the catalogue for the first time last year, as a separate line item, at a price of $400 in UNC.
Soon after this several sold on eBay for close to $800 in UNC and this years catalogue price was adjusted
accordingly.

It should be understood that the Charlton catalogue is only a "guide" for pricing of Canadian paper money.
Supply and demand will still be the true valuator of scarce notes.  The HOG 9.920M replacement was listed
in last years book at $100 in UNC.  In August 2006, shortly after the release of the catalogue, two were
offered on eBay in UNC and they sold for US $280 and US $212 respectively.  That was only a month after
the release of the new catalogue.  The note is listed at $225 in the new book in GUnc and I didn't hesitate
to purchase one recently for $500.

Astute Journey collectors will always know the true market value of a note regardless of the price listed
in the catalogue.

...Arthur

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:35:44 pm »

You make a very good point Arthur!

I can see where the logic comes from.

Over time we will see these notes be reflected accordingly.  :)

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length