Author
Topic: MEANING OF CHARLTON CHOICE UNC-64 GRADE  (Read 13941 times)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51:48 am »

Not worth the extra bucks.  I better just throw them out 8)

Throw out the holders you mean?  Good idea.  ;D

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Agio
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 09:17:18 am »

1. Hudson : I did not say there was a 'perfect system' nor will there ever be one, it's paper money afterall, what's 'perfect' in a note? However as was pointed out by rachelsprivates, the biggest proponent of the PMG grading service is a dealer who people do line up to buy from. As with several other dealers, while purporting to dislike the system they certainly are giving them a lot of business. No problem with that , if people want to buy holders then holders is what they will get. In this way it is a lot like coins. You have coin buyers and holder buyers. However you can't dismiss a 3rd party system and it's grading standards out of hand when it is the predominant service.
In this area CCGS has really dropped the ball but Andy doesn't grade full time and as he's pointed out, several dealers have asked him to grade a note and if he won't call it an Unc, off to PMG it goes.

Lastly, Ottawa, I have a sequential pair of the 1912 $5 from the same hoard as yours and the one recently sold on eBay for 6500 and yes, mine too have minor flaws. Guess they'll be going to PMG for certification!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:19:08 am by Agio »
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 06:03:36 pm »

Agio, I apologise if my response sounded like an attack. You raise some excellent points that people should be aware of.

Regards
Hudson

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Agio
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 11:22:16 am »

Didn't take it that way at all Hudson. Everything starts with a conversation. Thank you though.
On a side note (no pun) if it seems like I'm singling out the one well known dealer, I'm not. He has a business to run and if the consumer wants PMG certified notes than he'd be remiss in not supplying them, besides compared to a few ebay chuckleheads at least he's realistic in his prices. *shrug*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:01:55 pm by Agio »

Login with username, password and session length