Author
Topic: The Amero Debut  (Read 24300 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:48 pm »

Code: [Select]
To answer your question as to how the new currency will affect the economy, SIMPLE!...[b]We CANADIANS inherit America's record debt [/b] which is in the trillions!  Those are the laws of Integrated Monetary Policy.  And the way their economy is going...well...we're scre*ed!
I can see how our multi-billion trade with our neighbours to the south affects our economy but I fail to see how having a common currency automatically burdens Canada with their debt?  ???  That just makes no sense whatsoever!  Anymore than the US being saddled with ours...

That's like saying Ireland inherited Italy's debt during their conversion to the euro.

However i can see some growing pains yet the case for the Amero according to Grubel
http://oldfraser.lexi.net/publications/critical_issues/1999/amero/
claims several fiscal benefits for each country.

canada
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 09:33:02 pm »

Straight from the beast

The cooperative efforts under the SPP, which can be found in detail at www.spp.gov, seek to make the United States, Canada and Mexico open to legitimate trade and closed to terrorism and crime.  It does not change our courts or legislative processes and respects the sovereignty of the United States, Mexico, and Canada.  The SPP in no way, shape or form considers the creation of a European Union-like structure or a common currency.   The SPP does not attempt to modify our sovereignty or currency or change the American system of government designed by our Founding Fathers.

I read the Waco blog, again speculation. Anymore questions can be forwarded to the New Rogers defense centre located kiddie corner to the Prime Minister's Igloo.

Again, why don't you go straight to the source and obtain information using the Freedom of Information Act?  The internet is nothing but ideas.  It's up to you to prove it to yourself.

PS:  Don't ever quote that American Government Site...it's been proven to be propaganda from start to finish.  It's created to pull the wool over your eyes.
CMNWEALTH
  • One Chromosome between Insane and Genious !
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 10:34:46 pm »

If you've obtained a fresh design of the new note through the freedom of Information Act let me know. I'd be interested in some early print runs,
Choice Uncirculated - Gem Uncirculated
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 07:01:30 pm »

canada:

Wheat is limit up again today! It used to be that a diet of bread and water was the most basic one for survival – if you wanted to keep prisoners alive, that is all you fed them. If this keeps going, it will soon be considered a delicacy! “Keep your damn fish eggs, pass me the wheat bread please!” will be the new fad.

Raven
  • “Money IS the root of all evil.”
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 02:18:44 am »

Beast?
I just know things will get bad before they get worse, the corporate mandarins will always have their strings pulled to influence their economic and political might. What do you expect when Pop media is designed to make everyone think shallow and shorten our attention spans.
Canada will suffer economically as their debt comes crashing down on us, we don’t have the same economy of scale as the Americans. What will happen? Budgetary surpluses will be wiped out overnight. Government will really tighten up their spending or substantial increase in taxes.  Massive privatization, sound familiar because “you ain’t seen nothin yet.”
This so called Union spun by media will no doubt be played up by the media, In time Central America and South America each little banana republic will be strong-armed into the union swallowing up their economies too but in different ways depending on the resources they have.

Think Happy thoughts PD,
KLR

(Evil smiley)
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 12:26:25 am »

You really want me to answer dat don you Princess?
I believe God will deal wit dis in his own time. Tings will work out for dose who trust in Him. A message from da New Reformed Rastifarian Orthodox Church. It's in da Good Book, call my cell.

As most of you may notice dat when one touches a hot button with da Dark Princess she will talk plenty about social and politically correct oppression dished out to da unsuspecting mainstream folk. Depressing talk but something I share often within her lovely presence.
What you won’t notice dat she often loses her quaint little English accent when she really gets going. In her Lolita mode she will tend to color her language with select heartwarming invectives and pejoratives, for now demure she is.

Rave, does dat mean I be looking after Edgar again?

Don worries, be happy.
PD
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:29:25 am by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
canada
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »

oops
canada
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 12:43:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
To answer your question as to how the new currency will affect the economy, SIMPLE!...[b]We CANADIANS inherit America's record debt [/b] which is in the trillions!  Those are the laws of Integrated Monetary Policy.  And the way their economy is going...well...we're scre*ed!
I can see how our multi-billion trade with our neighbours to the south affects our economy but I fail to see how having a common currency automatically burdens Canada with their debt?  ???  That just makes no sense whatsoever!  Anymore than the US being saddled with ours...

That's like saying Ireland inherited Italy's debt during their conversion to the euro.

However i can see some growing pains yet the case for the Amero according to Grubel
http://oldfraser.lexi.net/publications/critical_issues/1999/amero/
claims several fiscal benefits for each country.

When we integrate our monetary policy( aka - the heart and soul of a nation) we integrate the debt as well because the Amero’s value will, to a greater extent,  be a function/reflection of both the Canadian and the U.S. debt combined.  Remember when our dollar was dropping like a rock because our debt was “getting out of control”?... and now the American dollar is experiencing much the same.  Also, our economy is relatively much much smaller and we’re going to get swallowed up by the integration.  The value of the Amero will reflect the value of the US dollar and debt more so and when that happens our buying power will dramatically be reduced and inflation will go up just like TwoinVallarta said.  Thus, Monetary policy will be adjusted accordingly (as a one size fits all adjustment) and suddenly the debt will be our (US & Can) problem especially when they control the money supply as well!

More importantly however (which is what this is all about) is we lose as a nation our independence to adjust our interest rates and adjust all other monetary policies according to Canada's needs.  Can you imagine what Canada would be going through right now if we had Bernake controlling Canada the last few years or so?...:s  Look at the differences in our monetary decisions the last few years for a clearer picture and examples as to why we need an independent currency and monetary system. A one size fits all policy is not a smart one especially for the little guys!

SAD/SCARRY FACT!!!! : The difference between our monetary system and the one in the U.S. is that one is privately owned an operated (NOT a government owned operation)!  The 12 banks of America (privately owned by prominent citizens and operated for a profit) own the Federal reserve which determines what American’s loan payments will be and what the money supply will be.  Conflict of interest or what??? There is nothing “Federal” about the reserve.  Look in an American phonebook for example and you’ll see Federal reserve in the business section and not the Government section.  If you look in our history books, those who privatized the American Central Bank in the early part of the last century also managed to privatize Canada’s as well.  However, six months later our politicians realized what a scam it was and they quickly went back to our current system!  So that’s what the amero is also really about.  Privatizing our central bank and losing our control.  That’s what will happen to our public monetary system.  But in today's world, the politicians have been bought off and they don’t give a ****.  Why will privatization suddently be good for canada now if it wasn't 70-80 years ago?  Bye bye Canada .

It's just the same tricks being pulled over and over again.  These people aren't geniuses by any stretch of the imagination.

You can vote PC, Liberal, NDP, Green or even Marxist next election, but it's all the same poop just in a different pile;).

People need to start looking at the world from a more critical perspective and to understand that very often things are not what the population at large think they are.  And as far as the tube goes, it’s not the most accurate source of information (but yet the only source of information for most) which is why we’re all oblivious to many issues today. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:45:12 pm by canada »
Raven
  • “Money IS the root of all evil.”
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 05:43:39 pm »

We gotta make your voice known, contact your MPs and MLAs NOW and explicity oppose this Amero currency system concept even if it is already in the books.  When all the poor people suffer then you could say to yourself "I did oppose this to my politican." Reply to news editorials, and pass the word in all forums and banks where you can. And when the time comes, use your old money (the common bad grades stuff).

Plagerized from your Good book PD...
"For the love of money is a Root of all kinds of Evil." 1 Timothy 6:10

Please...just till months end, hold the millet PD.
And, thanks for the AOU 3983666.

KLR
canada
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2007, 08:27:15 pm »

We gotta make your voice known, contact your MPs and MLAs NOW and explicity oppose this Amero currency system concept even if it is already in the books.  When all the poor people suffer then you could say to yourself "I did oppose this to my politican." Reply to news editorials, and pass the word in all forums and banks where you can. And when the time comes, use your old money (the common bad grades stuff).

Plagerized from your Good book PD...
"For the love of money is a Root of all kinds of Evil." 1 Timothy 6:10

Please...just till months end, hold the millet PD.
And, thanks for the AOU 3983666.

KLR

I agree but I don't think they can do anything about it.  Their jurisdiction falls at a lower echelon of power.  Liberals = Conservatives = continue agenda = Amero without debate for example because they're just the spokesmen on the front lines.

SAD FACT:  Current government documents propose government preparation for massive uprisings, riots and demonstrations that are to be expected in 15-25 years time right across the country.  I pose the question, what will they be changing in society to warrent such action by the citizens?  Gets you thinking.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 12:33:03 am »

Talked to some dealers and collectors at the Oakridge show about the Amero and most I talked to seemed unconcerned and at best lukewarm about this Amero.  This sure doesn't seem to make good conversation around this place, either that or I must have a bad delivery or something.

Apathy? The Canadain Way.

PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 12:04:01 pm »

I have to agree with Canada but the fact is there money to be made in some politicians mind and that will be the CANADIAN DOLLAR down fall. Once the US bounce back from there poor INVESTMENTS and the WAR than forget about us :-X

harwil4u2
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 08:16:36 pm »

Talked to some dealers and collectors at the Oakridge show about the Amero and most I talked to seemed unconcerned and at best lukewarm about this Amero.  This sure doesn't seem to make good conversation around this place, either that or I must have a bad delivery or something.

It's true that if you were in Europe or the caribbean you'd have a long debate on this one. 

The way those kangaroos talk in Australia, you'd think this Amero business was just a stone's throw away.  I wouldn't dismiss anything from the character who's holding parliament hostage for another month.  These charlatans are capable of anything (just watch Farenheit 9/11).  Now that's a scary fact.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:18:29 pm by walktothewater »

eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 02:51:12 pm »

What will happen to phases like "The Buck Stops Here"?

In fact I think the new currency should be called just that:  The Buck.  This will result in no change in parlance at all!!!

example:  "Thad'll be 30 Bucks, Buddy.   no problem!!!!

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 06:16:40 pm »

The Buck.

President Bushwacked and Prime minister Harpy's successors won't have any trouble "passing the buck..."

Login with username, password and session length