Author
Topic: The Amero Debut  (Read 24307 times)
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »

President Bushwacked and Prime minister Harpy's successors won't have any trouble "passing the buck..."

A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister. -Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate(1877-1962)

canada
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2007, 01:23:52 pm »

Talked to some dealers and collectors at the Oakridge show about the Amero and most I talked to seemed unconcerned and at best lukewarm about this Amero.  This sure doesn't seem to make good conversation around this place, either that or I must have a bad delivery or something.

Apathy? The Canadain Way.

PD

Of course it won't make for good conversation as most are unsure and insecure about how it will affect their investment and possibly their livelihood.  Your comments are from their perspective threatening but unfortunately if they choose to bury their heads in the sand it won't make the issue go away. 

I personally think the value of the notes will increase especially from a scarcity and historical value perspective and we don't have much to worry about.  I personally believe businesses will adjust for the times and our note collecting hobby will continue. But that's my personal perspective and that's why I asked the question to begin with.
canada
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2007, 01:35:24 pm »

It's true that if you were in Europe or the caribbean you'd have a long debate on this one. 

The way those kangaroos talk in Australia, you'd think this Amero business was just a stone's throw away.  I wouldn't dismiss anything from the character who's holding parliament hostage for another month.  These charlatans are capable of anything (just watch Farenheit 9/11).  Now that's a scary fact.

Well said.

If you liked farenheit 9/11 their are far superior  documentaries (packed with facts) and all backed up with support!  Tens of millions of Americans have seen them to date.  They're called "Loose Change".  It can be found on google video http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&q=loose+change&total=3099&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

and

the 2nd one is called "911 Road to Tyranny" http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6517776133137328105&q=911+road+to+tyranny&total=72&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
(Please message me when you see it and tell me what you thought.)

If you like that one, watch a world award winning documentary (by Canadians???..can't remember) called "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised".  It opens ones eyes to the media and how it can manipulate society.

And another great one: "The Great Global Warming Swindle" ...this one was even played on ABC channels right across the US.  It's debatable but it has nice "eye opening" facts you should always keep in mind.  It contains the opinions of top Canadian scientists.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:12:08 pm by canada »
canada
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 05:49:26 pm »

I was watching Business News Network (BNN) and Steven Jarislowsky ("Warren Buffet of Canada") just promoted a "single currency" in North America and a free movement of all labour.  He went on to say it's "imminent" and gave a whole propaganda spiel on why we should move into that direction.  Did anyone see it???

PS: He was promoted as one of Canada's most successful investors.  What a bunch of rubbish...he just has insider info!!!  If I knew ALL the outcomes and news headlines 2-3 years in advance of course I could make money too with successful bets.  It's literally that easy!  That's how they make so much money.

For example, I made a little bit of money after reading this article 2 years ago(http://www.bilderberg.org/2005.htm#Infiltrating) which contained leaked information.  I knew oil was going to be heading towards the $100 (it was $40 at the time) and I immediately threw money into energy.  Warren Buffet and Jarislowsky attend these meetings and make decisions based on the insider information they receive.  LOL...what a bunch of scammers/clowns.  Are they really smarter or is it that they have info you and I don't?   It was also funny to watch Goldman and Sachs one week after this meeting also announced their $100 a barrel predictions...they’re playing us I’m telling you!...they are playing us...hehehe

Imagine the money Steven Jarislowsky is going to make by properly orienting himself for the N.A.U that he already knows is coming!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:59:16 pm by canada »
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 06:50:58 pm »

"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies...schools...courts...newspapers and every agency created for the public protection."

John Francis Hylan, Mayor of New York City from 1918 to 1925

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 07:10:08 pm »

If you like that one, watch a world award winning documentary (by Canadians???..can't remember) called "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised".  It opens ones eyes to the media and how it can manipulate society.

Thanks for the info!  I will get back to you when I view them .  I teach Media Arts so believe me-- I'm very interested and have a somewhat realistic perspective on the power of the media.  I may have seen the Cdn one.  I  try to teach my students how to deconstruct messages/images we're bombarded with... some of it gets through!

The hegemony of the ruling (wealthy) classes is nothing new.  There's only so much we can do to keep it in check.  Independent films, documentaries, and some of the counter-culture mediums contribute somewhat to dismantling the myths, and keeping some powers in check.  Its too bad there's not more documentaries taking a strip out of these "snake oil salesmen" who pass themselves off as "financial wizards."  Unfortunately most documentaries have to be produced before they can get funding (a kind of Catch 22 for most would-be documentary film makers).

As you say: information is huge-- and whoever has it-- can gain from it when used wisely.  At least you got in on the oil when it was cheap.  

I think a lot of collectors have found a huge value in the information that surrounds paper money.   Its so vastly different now compated to 30 years ago when I started in this hobby and thought I had a screw loose for keeping a binder of 1954/74 notes. There wasn't even a Charlton back when I started! Now with the internet.. it totally changes the landscape of the hobby.

Today, I always enjoy meeting some of the "top dogs" in the community at shows and conventions. I try to keep my good ear to the ground (no matter how poorly it works!) just to pick up the odd gem of info.  

I guess however, that the info around the hobby pales in comparison to what an informed person can capitalize on with insider knowledge like the self-proclaimed "wonderboy" you mentioned (Steven Jarislowsky).  

I still like to think that if there is some kind of conversion of our currency it couldn't hurt the hobby....or it may even boost it.  I really do think they would polymerize it too if they're going to change it so radically in the first place.   And if they don't...then it might be an opportunity to collect them...becasue polymer is next.  Polymer notes are so much more secure and last that much longer.  If that were to happen...then it would make paper seem even more antiquated, & desirable to collect.  Whatever happens... new collectors must be brought into the fold (as it were) for the hobby to grow..and for the notes to really appreciate in value.

"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies...schools...courts...newspapers and every agency created for the public protection."

Sounds like something from the Russian intellectuals (Bakhtin, Dostoevski, Chekhov)

canada
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2007, 11:32:45 pm »

Walktothewater and TwoinVallarta:

There's a documentary called "Money Masters".  It's very well researched and really about "Money wizards".  One of my degrees is in Economics and I can tell you that Macroeconomics is a "B.S." subject and I have the support of a PHd. in Economics or Economist (my friend's dad who teaches at U of T) when i claim this.  This documentary explains the world of Macroeconomics and is really is 99% of all you need to know and to make sense of it.  Whenever people pull technical terms, complicated theory and try to make it sound complicated you know they're trying to confuse you and pull the wool over your eyes.  Don't fall for it.  The real world doesn't work like that...ESPECIALLY...the Bank Economists who should be ashamed of themselves.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:46:54 pm by canada »
canada
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2007, 11:48:34 pm »

oops
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:45:46 am by canada »
canada
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2007, 12:33:07 am »

Thanks for the info!  I will get back to you when I view them .  I teach Media Arts so believe me-- I'm very interested and have a somewhat realistic perspective on the power of the media.  I may have seen the Cdn one.  I  try to teach my students how to deconstruct messages/images we're bombarded with... some of it gets through!

As you say: information is huge-- and whoever has it-- can gain from it when used wisely.  At least you got in on the oil when it was cheap. 

I guess however, that the info around the hobby pales in comparison to what an informed person can capitalize on with insider knowledge like the self-proclaimed "wonderboy" you mentioned (Steven Jarislowsky). 

With your profound knowledge in Media Arts, woould you agree with my following statement:

The "culture industry" uses drama and propaganada through fictional works to download into peoples minds specific ideas of acceptance or change etc. because when it's done through fiction people's sensor/guard is down and they don't question what they read or view because they think they are being entertained.  What i'm describing is also known as "predictive programing".  These ideas are pushed years in advance to shape, condition and accept what has been planned in the future.  I have many many books written in the early 1900's by Quigley, Bertrand Russel, Brazinski ect. for example who wrote about exactly what is happening in this world today :o 

With respect to insider information, I can tell you that there's a lot of money to be made in biometric RFID chip stocks.  They're going to be huge in the near future and many government contracts are to be awarded.
Sad Fact: The governments have already bought these massive liquid cooled super computers designed to work with these chips.  The super computers have been placed in various regions across Canada including down the street from where I live.  Also CSIS and the CIA have already been integrated as part of the N.A.U.  Further to that, many Canadian government employees will be able to get transfered to U.S.government positions (and visa-versa) in the very nearly future.  Let's see how long it takes the media to announce it...lol

(It took the media 19 years to finally announce that people shouldn't be wearing sunscreen on a regular basis and that the sun is good for you in moderation...lol.  At the time it was so pathetic I was able to see through this b.s even though i was kid.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:40:57 am by canada »
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2007, 03:58:19 am »

Also CSIS and the CIA have already been integrated as part of the N.A.U.  Further to that, many Canadian government employees will be able to get transfered to U.S.government positions (and visa-versa) in the very nearly future.  Let's see how long it takes the media to announce it

Did you see that the RCMP want access to personal email communication too (like in the US)?  On CTV they were talking to an "expert" who's concerned about our civil liberties being violated, even though she had to concede that most ISP's likely hand over whatever the police request anyway. Arthur would know more about this than I.

Can you imagine what the average American must feel like since 9/11?  What kind of civil liberties or freedoms are traipsed all over there?  Sort of like going to see the proctologist and bending over in the waiting room!

Its unfortunate: but like those documentaries you recommended -- a lot of people feel that "what they don't know - won't hurt them," and I believe that's why they (ie docs like "Loose Change"') are not more mainstream (plus the powers that run the media won't allow it)   Its too bad the present NA governments/businesses/media seem to prey on this "ignorance is bliss" (or Daddy knows best ideology) and only let little snippets of info leak when its convenient for them.  Maybe it will catch up to them.   That's what I love about the Internet... it seems to provide a more level playing field for those who don't want to walk around with blinders on.  Mikhail Bakhtin wrote about it in the 1920's (he likened authoritative power to a centrifugal force, and the artists, people's revolts/protestors, etc as a centripetal -- counteractive force).  He was sent to Siberia for his writings (which were later retrieved in the 80's and seen as visionary).

The "culture industry" uses drama and propaganada through fictional works to download into peoples minds specific ideas of acceptance or change etc. because when it's done through fiction people's sensor/guard is down and they don't question what they read or view because they think they are being entertained.
Absolutely - No doubt. They say the novel was the first sedative for the masses... keeping everyone happy with the status quo.  The most popular novelist and dramatists were the ones who were considered a bit "edgy" because audiences also love to feel enlightened and superior.  Just think of Shaw or Dickens.  In theatres across London the middle class were laughing at the abuse of children ("Oliver"- or on the edge of their seats with "A Christmas Carol") and it was only years later that change finally took place.

Did you also know that Marshall MacLuhan's famous book "The Medium is the Message" was first titled with the accidental typo "The Medium is the Massage" and he ordered the publisher to leave it?  I guess he figured -- this serendipitous mishap was most prophetic!

canada
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 12:57:35 pm »

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies…if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency…the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826

“If you want to remain slaves of the bankers and pay for the costs of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and control the nations’ credit”
Sir Josiah Stamp 1880-1941

“Our great industrial nation is controlled by it’s system of credit.  Our system of credit is privately concentrated.  The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men…who necessarily, by very reason of their own limitations, chill and check and destroy genuine economic freedom.
We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world- no government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.
President Woodrow Wilson

“A world of banking system was being set up here…a superstate controlled by international bankers…acting together to enslave the world for their own pleasure.  The fed has usurped the government.”
Congressman Louis McFadden

President John.F. Kenedy had the best one.  It was a speech he gave several days before his assassination. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3oONf0hcEM

Much of what is happening right now in the U.S. with the subprime mortgages  is what has been happening throughout history in cycles all along.  I guess the best way i can describe it is a scam that has been recycled over and over again but packaged under a different name each time.  This time, it's the "subprime" mortgage...what a farce...lol.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:57:08 pm by canada »
canada
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 01:20:13 pm »

Did you see that the RCMP want access to personal email communication too (like in the US)?  On CTV they were talking to an "expert" who's concerned about our civil liberties being violated, even though she had to concede that most ISP's likely hand over whatever the police request anyway. Arthur would know more about this than I.

Can you imagine what the average American must feel like since 9/11?  What kind of civil liberties or freedoms are traipsed all over there?  Sort of like going to see the proctologist and bending over in the waiting room!

Its unfortunate: but like those documentaries you recommended -- a lot of people feel that "what they don't know - won't hurt them," and I believe that's why they (ie docs like "Loose Change"') are not more mainstream (plus the powers that run the media won't allow it)   Its too bad the present NA governments/businesses/media seem to prey on this "ignorance is bliss" (or Daddy knows best ideology) and only let little snippets of info leak when its convenient for them.  Maybe it will catch up to them.   That's what I love about the Internet... it seems to provide a more level playing field for those who don't want to walk around with blinders on.  Mikhail Bakhtin wrote about it in the 1920's (he likened authoritative power to a centrifugal force, and the artists, people's revolts/protestors, etc as a centripetal -- counteractive force).  He was sent to Siberia for his writings (which were later retrieved in the 80's and seen as visionary).
Absolutely - No doubt. They say the novel was the first sedative for the masses... keeping everyone happy with the status quo.  The most popular novelist and dramatists were the ones who were considered a bit "edgy" because audiences also love to feel enlightened and superior.  Just think of Shaw or Dickens.  In theatres across London the middle class were laughing at the abuse of children ("Oliver"- or on the edge of their seats with "A Christmas Carol") and it was only years later that change finally took place.

Did you also know that Marshall MacLuhan's famous book "The Medium is the Message" was first titled with the accidental typo "The Medium is the Massage" and he ordered the publisher to leave it?  I guess he figured -- this serendipitous mishap was most prophetic!

I absolutely agree with you. 

Our liberties are gradually being taken away from us.  It's interesting how they do it piece by piece while never mentioning any part of their final objectives.  People with memories and a critical eye can put the pieces of the puzzle together and see what's really happening and what they're trying to do.  This is all being done in the name of "fighting terrorism".  We all know this is just another piece of the puzzle that incrementally changes our society to one that is much like China's totalitarian system.

We all also know the attacks on Afganistan, Iraq (and in the very near future Iran and then Syria) are more than just about oil.  They were an attack on a race and religion for the purpose of standardizing the world.  Dr. Quigley(Advisor and also a 'mover and shaker') in his books wrote "War is about social change.  More can be done  in 5 years of war via propaganda and fear than in 5 years of peace" (That is also why "We are at war"). You  don't really think some primative men living in a cave have the ability to take our modern technological world hostage with some box cutters and a Quran in hand.  What a farce yet again.  "The Power of Nightmares" is a 3 part BBC documentary worth watching on this exact topic.

Did you hear that 2012 (written in UN documents) is when the UN is schedule to take over "the 3 major EMERGED trading blocks" that include North America, E.U. and Asia?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:08:23 pm by canada »
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 10:30:10 pm »

The thread entitled "OT: Suspended for selling ICCS coins on eBay???" was shut down by a Mod in very short order whereas the "Amero Debut" and "Buyer (and seller) Beware!" threads have been allowed to prosper for the longest time. This seems inconsistent to me as the ICCS/eBay thread is more directly related to numismatics than the Amero and Buyer Beware threads. In particular, if eBay decides to banish ICCS (the longest-established coin grading service in Canada) then that will not augur well for the acceptance of the Canadian paper money grading services on eBay, and that should be of direct concern to all of us.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:59:01 pm by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
canada
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 10:56:57 pm »

The "OT: Suspended for selling ICCS coins on eBay???" thread was shut down in very short order whereas the "Amero Debut" thread has been allowed to prosper for the longest time. This seems inconsistent to me as the ICCS/eBay thread is much more directly related to numismatics than the Amero thread. In particular, how eBay decides to treat ICCS (the longest-established coin grading service in Canada) does not augur well for the acceptance of the Canadian paper money grading services on eBay, and that should be of direct concern to all of us.

I'm sorry you can't see the correlation between the Amero (our new currency), our emerging monetary policy, money supply and the effect all these factors will have on our paper money collection hobby.  As a Canadian paper money enthusiast, I enjoy studying and discussing each and every aspect of paper money.  To me it's a much broader topic than just the physical paper money aspect.  Do you think this forum would be as successful as it is if it wasn't for the broad topics of interest dealing with paper money that no other site in the world deals with?  If this site just regurgitated what the Charleston Paper Money guide said, then most would buy the book instead.

Failing to see the correlation between paper money and this thread only leaves me perplexed as to how you do see a correlation between the Amero thread and the coin standards thread?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:59:18 pm by canada »
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 11:08:15 pm »

I seem to have hit a nerve! I merely expressed the view that, in my opinion, the ICCS/eBay matter is more directly related to numismatics than the other two threads. Nowhere did I say that the other two threads are not relevant and/or should be shut down. I just don't understand why the ICCS/eBay thread was shut down before any real discussions could begin.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:24:20 am by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).

Login with username, password and session length