Author
Topic: The Amero Debut  (Read 24009 times)
canada
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2007, 12:19:27 am »

Well I had to look into to this Amero thing to see if there was any truth to theory, so for the last couple days I got my hands on every piece of literature or video blog ever done on the subject. The press has reason to speculate considering the American Government isn't sharing any information concerning The North American Union with them or the rest of us (including the Amero) . All that's available is what is posted on Government sites and speculation from every corner of the planet. This Amero thing is what worries me the least, the fact that all three governments aren't sharing their proposed ideas is the key and more frightening issue concerning all three countries sovereignty.
O By the way - The one American News clip had the Skydome and CN Tower as our Defense Headquarters !

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/NorthAmerica_TF_final.pdf

Look who is head of the report!...good old John Manley of the Liberals!  It's NOT a coincidence there is no such thing in politics.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:24:25 am by canada »
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2007, 05:11:38 am »

I'm sorry you can't see the correlation between the Amero (our new currency), our emerging monetary policy, money supply and the effect all these factors will have on our paper money collection hobby.  As a Canadian paper money enthusiast, I enjoy studying and discussing each and every aspect of paper money.  To me it's a much broader topic than just the physical paper money aspect .......
Failing to see the correlation between paper money and this thread only leaves me perplexed as to how you do see a correlation between the Amero thread and the coin standards thread?

Of course the proposed Amero, the emerging monetary policy and the money supply will have some sort of impact on the paper money collection hobby but those same factors will surely have a similar sort of impact on everything else that we choose to buy as well, e.g., groceries, restaurant meals, real estate, furniture, clothes, automobiles, gasoline, airline tickets, books, coins, stocks & shares, etc. I can't see that the correlation to collectible paper money is any stronger or any weaker than the correlation to other commodities but maybe I'm missing the whole point here?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 06:18:00 am by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2007, 10:53:33 am »

You guys want to whine and complain? You get your threads closed.

Happy Wednesday.

Please keep threads relatively on-topic.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length