Author
Topic: eBay sellers sure know how to advertise!  (Read 16423 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »

Just saw this description for a note on EBAY
The notes would be listed as GEM except that they both have the same few creases.

Is that like saying ALM8888238 would be listed as a solid except for the 2 and 3
and RC9000067 would be listed as a million note if the 6 and 7 were zeroes.

How stupid do they really think buyers are ???
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:05:46 pm by BWJM »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
CMNWEALTH
  • One Chromosome between Insane and Genious !
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:47:57 pm »

I've just seen that item mentioned above.

"Still beautiful notes however"

- however I can't seem to find my chequebook ?
see323
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:58:46 am »

It's creative advertising. It can sometimes be quite misleading especially if we do not read it carefully. In some public auction house, if you look at the auction catalogue, you sometimes find the description - " A pinhole, a light bend otherwise gem uncirculated ". If someone read and register the last two words, they think they are bidding for a gem.

When putting down those words in ebay, always spell the truth. It would save a lot of problem later which greatly affect the seller's rating and reputation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:00:27 am by see323 »

WINS#665

Singapore Numismatics Association (SNA) Life Membership L-161
bwho9d
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:19:11 pm »

Yeah, check out this mislead seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANADA-TWIN-One-Dollar-Notes-same-Serials-for-99ct_W0QQitemZ200150226639QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3425QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here we have 2 very attractive Crisp and Uncirculated One Dollar Notes from Canada  with the SAME SERIAL NUMBERS! They must be Twins!! A remarkable find...............or what? ... no tears or pinholes.....see scan.....These notes from Commonwealth countries are becoming increasingly scarce and have proven to be a good investment as well. No reserve and bidding starts with 99 cents.... The postage is just $1 within Australia. I am prepared to send them anywhere in the world. Enjoy the bidding. Check my other listings, as I have lots of items on offer, and maybe you can combine postage for multiple items. That way you save money.................

Take a look at the picture...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:22:01 pm by Neon Zidane »
see323
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:38:33 pm »

That's a very bad example of mispresentation.  :o

WINS#665

Singapore Numismatics Association (SNA) Life Membership L-161
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 04:06:18 am »

Yes that is very poor isnt it. And all bull aside he will probably snag a Grandma or someones wife or significant other that does not know enough, that is buying the collector in there family a christmas present or gift as such. You see it over and over and over.

I steped in one time and contacted the high bidder in a similar case to inform the ebayer that what he was about to win was NOT what the auction was claiming it to be!! The buyer then questioned the seller saying that so and so said that it was not what you say it is. AND THEN I was the bad guy and get booted off ebay. Where do you draw the line. I guess sit back, watch gramma get burnt? Maybe all of us forum members are a  s o f t  breed?  LOL   LOL   LOL

Would you others have steped in or not?

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:12:08 am by bugsy »

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 06:31:19 am »

I have stepped in more than once. The "gold flag" and "gold flag error" really got me. Some sellers got over $100 U.S. each and one even sold for $152.00!! The guide that Brent wrote seemed to slow the whole thing down.
   Another one was the hand cut "cutting errors", it used to be really bad before but there are not that many now.

I remember the scammers and and will not buy from them EVER, it's so bad that the other day one of these scammers made a mistake and listed four 1954 $10 notes for $3.50 each and $3.00 shipping but I did not buy, I thought of taking advantage of him but thought my notes would have gotten lost in the mail.

Gary_T
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:48:17 pm »

I recently bid on a radar bill simply because I had another that matched it. It was described as an uncirculated mint note, so what the heck I bid on it.
Well only 13 bucks for a $10 radar... How could I go wrong.
When I got the note it had a clearly visible 3/4 inch crease that I could see 5 feet away.  I contacted the seller before giving a negative feedback and this was the response

I don't agree, but I will not argue with you, if you send it back to me I will give you a total refund. I am finished with eBay, people are just nuts.

I guess it was nice that I was offered a full refund but "DID I JUST GET INSULTED" ???

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 11:21:46 pm »

Were you really expecting an uncirculated $10 radar for $13?

It has happened before. 8)

bwho9d
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:54 am »

Were you really expecting an uncirculated $10 radar for $13?

On eBay, things look cheap, but the excessive shipping rates will blow ya mind off.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 09:53:14 am »

You are an idiot, the bill was taken from a bundle of new bills, it was never ever in circulation. Because of idiots like you I am finished with eBay.

Just got another email for the ebay seller.
Boy I'm starting to feel abused here :'(

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:57:46 pm »

Obviously it's not worth the trouble to send the note back, since the cost of postage and who knows if they admit to getting it is pointless, so it goes to my daughter who can keep it among her notes that she has been collecting.
The point of this is that the crease in the note is obvious and definitely noticeable without have to search for it. I realize that Ebay is usually not the place to be buying high end notes UNLESS you know who you are dealing with and have had previous dealings with that seller. From what I have seen recently, radars and rotators (unless unique) have not been getting that much, so to expect a deal is not that far fetched at this time I believe.  Aside from that, I still think a seller should respond in a business like matter and not jump to conclusions because of their past experiences with other buyers. (Even if I am a nut) ;D

venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 02:58:01 pm »

Just got another email for the ebay seller.
Boy I'm starting to feel abused here :'(
Sounds like the charming gent I dealt with at Gatewest Coins a couple years ago.

Gatewest often uses "sample" images of notes rather than the note you are actually getting.  Which is fine with me, as long as the note I get is the same grade as the sample.  The note I bought was described as "UNC", but when I got it there were several prominent folds and it was so badly centred that part of the design was cut off.

I saw no reason why I should have to pay the shipping to return the note to them, plus lose the shipping fee I paid when I ordered the note, so I expected them to pay the shipping since they sent me a note that didn't grade UNC.

The ultimate response from Gatewest was "we don't like to be harrassed by idiots."  The item in question was only $25-$30.  I spend several thousand dollars per year on my collection, so you can rest assured that this "idiot" won't make the mistake of buying from Gatewest again.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 11:10:23 pm »

So now we know what to call Punkys' ladders ???
There is a slew of ladder varieties on EBAY now.. like the
1213121~BANK OF CANADA~1954~EF~$2 "RADAR"~MIX LADDER
"1223221" LADDER radar note 2001 BANK OF CANADA $10
"1232323" Rare repeating ladder 2005 AOH prefix.

d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 07:27:48 pm »

Check out this description of a U.S. $1,000 bill. The guy basically wrote a mini novel about how he got the bill and the story behind it. Maybe he thinks this will make the bill more valuable if it has a long story behind it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNCIRCULATED-SERIES-1934A-NEW-YORK-1-000-00-NOTE-N-R_W0QQitemZ250175857227QQihZ015QQcategoryZ40029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 09:22:28 pm »

Geez, that story makes me want to stick a pen in my eye.  ;)

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 08:05:45 am »

I COULDN'T EVEN READ THE WHOLE THING CUZ IT IS SO FRICKIN' ANNOYING THAT THE WHOLE THING WAS TYPED IN UPPERCASE LETTERS!!!

I'm surprised he didn't include an interview with the Federal Reserve Bank employee who put the sheet of $1,000 notes through the cutting machine, and the employee who applied the serial numbers, and the employee who prepared the notes for shipping to the banks, etc., etc.!

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 08:08:52 am »

I'm surprised he didn't include an interview with the Federal Reserve Bank employee who put the sheet of $1,000 notes through the cutting machine, and the employee who applied the serial numbers, and the employee who prepared the notes for shipping to the banks, etc., etc.!

If you email him, I'm sure that you could get that as well 8)

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:41 pm »

I need someone to summarize that essay into one easy to read paragraph.

:-\

Smile from your heart.  ;D
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »

Not me, I got bad enough eyesight already so I'm just waiting for the movie to come out first.

PD  ;)

I can almost see eBay charging an extra fee for such a detailed description.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:26:28 pm by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 05:52:29 pm »

I need someone to summarize that essay into one easy to read paragraph.

I think that what he is saying is that this is the Perfect note and I quote" I STAKE MY EBAY REPUTATION ON IT." as he says in paragraph 32 line 12  ;D

bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »

WOW :P

Unreal description hey guys! Did he say he needed money for medical or MENTAL issues???  lol 

Jeff

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »

This is a brick of 100 perfect 1988 $50 banknotes that I have saved for a while. They are valued at $14000.00 in the new book of Charlton. This is an investment for the serious buyer. I will not be giving any refunds because I know these are GUnc fresh from the bank and vacuum ceiled in plastic wrap.

Has anyone ever got a bundle vacuum sealed before ???
I know I never saw one 8)

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 09:53:30 pm »

Has anyone ever got a bundle vacuum sealed before ???
I know I never saw one 8)

Yes I have, I seen the KTEL Fridge-o-seal seal all sorts of kitchen leftovers and freezer vegetables back in the 80's. Why not Banknotes too? Mind you I won't put banknotes in the freezer unless they are those Antarctic polymer notes or I really have to.  ;D

PD

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 10:15:15 pm »

Has anyone ever got a bundle vacuum sealed before

Like coffee? I think this seller has been sniffing up too much of the vacuum seal (not enough O-2)

or what about those $295 EF 2 digit $20 radars? ???

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 08:03:30 pm »

So it's a palindrome AND a radar?  Big deal.  I have a note with a serial number that is a palindrome, a radar, and it reads the same both forwards and backwards.  Beat that!

MY 1234321 Palindrome,radar reads the same forwards and backwards AND is an ascending descending ladder.  BEAT THAT. (Sorry I lied, I don't have one but I wish I did) ;D

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:23 pm »

Hey Mons,

Dis kind of reminds me of da notorious magic floating $1 US bill. And list them on a seperate thread as "Most unusual, creative, or too bad to be true listings of Banknotes on eBay."

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=5039.0

Dei Gratia mon,

PD

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 08:53:01 pm »

1213121~BANK OF CANADA~1954~EF~$2 "RADAR"~MIX LADDER

Like I'm gonna pay over $400.00 for this ???

I have a 3458769... that is a Really mixed ladder, but not a radar, so it must be worth a fortune ;D

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 08:55:06 pm »

Dis kind of reminds me of da notorious magic floating $1 US bill.

I wonder if this sold...or is the seller sitting on it ???

bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:19 am »

Yes Some of that is just crazy that people really think up that stuff to describe these rare notes...LOL

I also have a 2006 5 dollar bill that has been ripped in half but taped up with used tape I had around the house. Prefix is AOK so you know that it must be a good note because it is a ok!! Also the serial # is what you call a elevator note 1112141 it has no 13 in it also both front and last number are 1s so that is called a football series to resemble the goal posts. Due to the fact it has 5 1s in it makes it very very rare. The five 1s add up to the original amount the bill is worth. Therefore it is called a true note and increases the value even more. This bill is also very good luck ever scince I got it I have been 5 dollars richer!! But I want to share this rare bill so I have decided to sell it off at a fraction of what it's worth. I was told by my invisible grader it is worth well over 2800.00 bucks but I will pass on the savings by selling it to some lucky person for ONLY 450.00 dollars WOW.. Don't wait  this RARE bill wont last long!!!!!

I had to try my hand at advertising! What do you think... It's as good as SOLD.. LOL  LOL  LOL

Jeff

venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 06:46:28 am »

Well I still have my 1974 $2 "Dalmatian" note.  It is a note that is loaded with planchettes - about 60 of 'em.  So with all those dots my note looks like a Dalmatian.  Or would it be more exotic and have more appeal if I called it a cheetah note?  With all the "lion" that you see on eBay, maybe "cheetah" would be more appropriate!

The grade of my note is only a VG-F and one of the planchettes is missing.  Maybe I should call it a one-eyed Dalmatian note?  Oh, and coincidentally, the prefix of my note is "BS"!  The full serial is BS2782648.  Hey if someone has 278-2648 as their phone number I could get even more $!  ::) ::)

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 06:34:43 pm »

Well I must admit I fall in to this  category. :)
Colorful is what I strive for.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 05:58:03 am »

Yes Some of that is just crazy that people really think up that stuff to describe these rare notes...LOL

I also have a 2006 5 dollar bill that has been ripped in half but taped up with used tape I had around the house. Prefix is AOK so you know that it must be a good note because it is a ok!! Also the serial # is what you call a elevator note 1112141 it has no 13 in it also both front and last number are 1s so that is called a football series to resemble the goal posts. Due to the fact it has 5 1s in it makes it very very rare. The five 1s add up to the original amount the bill is worth. Therefore it is called a true note and increases the value even more. This bill is also very good luck ever scince I got it I have been 5 dollars richer!! But I want to share this rare bill so I have decided to sell it off at a fraction of what it's worth. I was told by my invisible grader it is worth well over 2800.00 bucks but I will pass on the savings by selling it to some lucky person for ONLY 450.00 dollars WOW.. Don't wait  this RARE bill wont last long!!!!!

I had to try my hand at advertising! What do you think... It's as good as SOLD.. LOL  LOL  LOL

Jeff

Truly one of the best posts I have seen on this subject ever!   :) :) :)  Thanks Jeff, for brightening up my 4am.
:)

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 08:30:09 pm »

Does anyone consider this a TRUE Radar ???

Bank of Canada

VERY SCARCE 1979 RADAR 20 DOLLARS 5663 0278720 Thiessen/Crow!!!! How many 1979 RADAR notes have you seen on Ebay???
Some tips about the 1979 Prefixes:
-first digit "5" = denomination number for $20
- second digit "6" = indicates the printer (BABN)
- next two digits "63" = series number(prefix)
- last seven digits "0278720" = the number of the note within the series = RADAR!!!
RARE   Uncirculated BANKNOTE!!! A minor banding strap mark keeps it away of being GUNC!!!

only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 09:26:38 pm »

Yes, thats's a radar.. if all the digits made up the radar, it would be a super radar.
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 12:59:42 am »

I have a few of them as well.... I have never seen a super radar, anyone have one to post a picture of for all us to see? 8)

Jeff

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 11:47:58 pm »

I saw this in a description today;

This lot also includes a bonus 1967 1$ BC-45b

Serial # (blah...blah...blah...)

in uncirculated condition wiht folds. (with original spelling)

For condition please look at then scan and judge by yourself

No Reserve

Thank you

Item number: 300164076756

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this description.

PD
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:49:50 pm by Punkys Dad »

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 11:55:02 pm »

I like this one ;D

150$ face value for less than $200 !!!

Now that's a deal MON!!!!!!!!!! :o

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 07:52:06 am »

Now that is a pretty neat note if I do say so myself 8)
The only problem is that with the 666 in the middle means RAVEN will be again begging for it. ;D

Can I asume this belongs to HUDSON and it is stored in his SDB ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:16:13 am by friedsquid »

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 11:08:23 pm »

Are we getting a teeny bit off topic, not dat I mind seeing a super radar displayed to me hearts delight.
Squid, you should know better dan to mention Raven's eccentricities especially around Halloween. She been shopping around for strange eBay stuff lately, like cursed items including money. If she posts, do be careful how you read it cause it may have a hypnotizing message hidden somewhere in da text. Maybe she is testing a new form of tinking control.  ???

Be warned mon, She up to some mischief.
PD

Raven
  • “Money IS the root of all evil.”
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:24 am »

Oh what a nice note.
Now Mr. Squid, why would an evil lady like me beg?

KLR

IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Subliminal message #3 Ravenhill Curse #18
By the curse of the Voodoo Lady’s website, paid $2.99US via Paypal
With this Voodoo doll fashioned in the likeness of Hudson, comes complete with a scale replica of old couch, dumpster, and one little shoe, and this doll of a short guy wearing dreadlocks, a kilt, and a Hawaiian shirt because it is always important to properly accessorize.
My Druid ancestors call out from long past, I daughter of Ravenhill invoke the powers of darkness.I pour blood (Source not revealed) on an old ratty $20 bill and fan it over a fire fed by wood from an old oak tree that once saw a man hang. I thrust the pin through the heart of the note, the Hudson, and Punky’s Dad dolls.
Bubble, bubble toil in trouble…
Mr. Hudson, go to your safety deposit box and Expresspost the Super radar to me,
PD send $20, so I’ll be honest enough to get you to pay the $20 face value for me. Ha ha ha! If this works, forget advertising, I can sell anything on Ebay ha ha ha...(more maniacal laughing)

PS Mr. Squid... you will have the urge to buy your wife a very nice brand new dress and take her out for an expensive dinner.                                               KLR   :-*
IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 11:46:50 pm »

I have discovered and now EXPOSE her nefarious plan. Eventually she may take over da whole forum den da world. Don ignore da area you tink as just nice white space. Just click/highlight over da white space and her deed is exposed. Who knows how much damage she caused. Squid mon, I hope da Lady of da house is doing well. For a while I have the urge to send Huds $20 for no reason.
 ???

Oh what a nice note.
Now Mr. Squid, why would an evil lady like me beg?

KLR

IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Subliminal message #3 Ravenhill Curse #18
By the curse of the Voodoo Lady’s website, paid $2.99US via Paypal
With this Voodoo doll fashioned in the likeness of Hudson, comes complete with a scale replica of old couch, dumpster, and one little shoe, and this doll of a short guy wearing dreadlocks, a kilt, and a Hawaiian shirt because it is always important to properly accessorize.
My Druid ancestors call out from long past, I daughter of Ravenhill invoke the powers of darkness.I pour blood (Source not revealed) on an old ratty $20 bill and fan it over a fire fed by wood from an old oak tree that once saw a man hang. I thrust the pin through the heart of the note, the Hudson, and Punky’s Dad dolls.
Bubble, bubble toil in trouble…
Mr. Hudson, go to your safety deposit box and Expresspost the Super radar to me,
PD send $20, so I’ll be honest enough to get you to pay the $20 face value for me. Ha ha ha! If this works, forget advertising, I can sell anything on Ebay ha ha ha...(more maniacal laughing) [/color]
PS Mr. Squid... you will have the urge to buy your wife a very nice brand new dress and take her out for an expensive dinner.                                              KLR   :-*
IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI

Gosh she can even make a smiley look evil. Kerris I give you credit for being creative. Happy Hallows eve.

Book her Don-no, aloha.

PD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:55:03 pm by Punkys Dad »

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:13 am »

For a while I have the urge to send Huds $20 for no reason.

Hmmm... this is the kind of talk I like to hear.... :-)

But... I ...
Must.. fight... urge... to go back to SD box and ... send my Super Radar.
Lol...  That ain't going ANYWHERE!!  :-)

Have a safe Halloween everyone, and a celebratory All Saints Day following that.

Huds
PS: "Secret Radar list" (lol)  being sent out tonight.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:28:03 am by Hudson A B »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:18 am »

HUDSON EMAIL AND PM SENT JUST TO COVER ALL BASES ;D

FRIEDSQUID

P.S.   I HOPE THE GIRL I SENT WRAPPED IN THE BOW WAS WORTH THE SUPER RADAR :o

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »

100 dollar bill. it is in great shape for the year has a small tare in the right hand coner. nothing really to worry about.

I guess its like saying "I have a 1988 mini van.. great shape for the year but has a small engine problem... nothing really to worry about"  Any offers ;D

Raven
  • “Money IS the root of all evil.”
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 08:09:35 pm »

Wow, did I sleep in. I see that there are no banknotes in my mailbox this afternoon this fine Oct 32nd. Just wait til next year PD. I have other 'advertising' plans up my black fishnet sleeves.

For sale; Used 2 Voodoo dolls, complete with minature old sofa, dumpster, tiny shoe and large silver plated pin. Sorry, I'm keeping the bloody $20 myself.

R
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:52 pm »

Wow, did I sleep in. I see that there are no banknotes in my mailbox this afternoon this fine Oct 32nd. Just wait til next year PD. I have other 'advertising' plans up my black fishnet sleeves.

For sale; Used 2 Voodoo dolls, complete with minature old sofa, dumpster, tiny shoe and large silver plated pin. Sorry, I'm keeping the bloody $20 myself.

R
I'll buy it from you, provided I get that raise I was promised for February 30th.  ;)

venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 07:19:53 pm »

I guess its like saying "I have a 1988 mini van.. great shape for the year but has a small engine problem... nothing really to worry about"  Any offers ;D

Must be the same chap that's selling this mattress.  Oh well, whaddya expect for 40 bucks with a 20 year warranty!  ::)  I wonder if "Royal Tonic" was the model name of this mattress when it was bought new, or if the owner named it that given its present condition...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:21:50 pm by venga50 »

Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 09:44:44 am »

I love this one. If this is truly a new category, then I have struck pay dirt. LOL

Item number: 140182504895
GEM UNC 1974 $2.00 Note - Partial Radar: x31513x Error

"PARTIAL RADAR NUMBER:  31513 IN CENTRE OF S/N (FRAMED WITH "1" AND "5")"

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation

Login with username, password and session length