Author
Topic: eBay sellers sure know how to advertise!  (Read 16395 times)
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 06:46:28 am »

Well I still have my 1974 $2 "Dalmatian" note.  It is a note that is loaded with planchettes - about 60 of 'em.  So with all those dots my note looks like a Dalmatian.  Or would it be more exotic and have more appeal if I called it a cheetah note?  With all the "lion" that you see on eBay, maybe "cheetah" would be more appropriate!

The grade of my note is only a VG-F and one of the planchettes is missing.  Maybe I should call it a one-eyed Dalmatian note?  Oh, and coincidentally, the prefix of my note is "BS"!  The full serial is BS2782648.  Hey if someone has 278-2648 as their phone number I could get even more $!  ::) ::)

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 06:34:43 pm »

Well I must admit I fall in to this  category. :)
Colorful is what I strive for.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 05:58:03 am »

Yes Some of that is just crazy that people really think up that stuff to describe these rare notes...LOL

I also have a 2006 5 dollar bill that has been ripped in half but taped up with used tape I had around the house. Prefix is AOK so you know that it must be a good note because it is a ok!! Also the serial # is what you call a elevator note 1112141 it has no 13 in it also both front and last number are 1s so that is called a football series to resemble the goal posts. Due to the fact it has 5 1s in it makes it very very rare. The five 1s add up to the original amount the bill is worth. Therefore it is called a true note and increases the value even more. This bill is also very good luck ever scince I got it I have been 5 dollars richer!! But I want to share this rare bill so I have decided to sell it off at a fraction of what it's worth. I was told by my invisible grader it is worth well over 2800.00 bucks but I will pass on the savings by selling it to some lucky person for ONLY 450.00 dollars WOW.. Don't wait  this RARE bill wont last long!!!!!

I had to try my hand at advertising! What do you think... It's as good as SOLD.. LOL  LOL  LOL

Jeff

Truly one of the best posts I have seen on this subject ever!   :) :) :)  Thanks Jeff, for brightening up my 4am.
:)

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 08:30:09 pm »

Does anyone consider this a TRUE Radar ???

Bank of Canada

VERY SCARCE 1979 RADAR 20 DOLLARS 5663 0278720 Thiessen/Crow!!!! How many 1979 RADAR notes have you seen on Ebay???
Some tips about the 1979 Prefixes:
-first digit "5" = denomination number for $20
- second digit "6" = indicates the printer (BABN)
- next two digits "63" = series number(prefix)
- last seven digits "0278720" = the number of the note within the series = RADAR!!!
RARE   Uncirculated BANKNOTE!!! A minor banding strap mark keeps it away of being GUNC!!!

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 09:26:38 pm »

Yes, thats's a radar.. if all the digits made up the radar, it would be a super radar.
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 12:59:42 am »

I have a few of them as well.... I have never seen a super radar, anyone have one to post a picture of for all us to see? 8)

Jeff

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 11:47:58 pm »

I saw this in a description today;

This lot also includes a bonus 1967 1$ BC-45b

Serial # (blah...blah...blah...)

in uncirculated condition wiht folds. (with original spelling)

For condition please look at then scan and judge by yourself

No Reserve

Thank you

Item number: 300164076756

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this description.

PD
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:49:50 pm by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 11:55:02 pm »

I like this one ;D

150$ face value for less than $200 !!!

Now that's a deal MON!!!!!!!!!! :o

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 07:52:06 am »

Now that is a pretty neat note if I do say so myself 8)
The only problem is that with the 666 in the middle means RAVEN will be again begging for it. ;D

Can I asume this belongs to HUDSON and it is stored in his SDB ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:16:13 am by friedsquid »

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 11:08:23 pm »

Are we getting a teeny bit off topic, not dat I mind seeing a super radar displayed to me hearts delight.
Squid, you should know better dan to mention Raven's eccentricities especially around Halloween. She been shopping around for strange eBay stuff lately, like cursed items including money. If she posts, do be careful how you read it cause it may have a hypnotizing message hidden somewhere in da text. Maybe she is testing a new form of tinking control.  ???

Be warned mon, She up to some mischief.
PD

Raven
  • “Money IS the root of all evil.”
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:24 am »

Oh what a nice note.
Now Mr. Squid, why would an evil lady like me beg?

KLR

IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Subliminal message #3 Ravenhill Curse #18
By the curse of the Voodoo Lady’s website, paid $2.99US via Paypal
With this Voodoo doll fashioned in the likeness of Hudson, comes complete with a scale replica of old couch, dumpster, and one little shoe, and this doll of a short guy wearing dreadlocks, a kilt, and a Hawaiian shirt because it is always important to properly accessorize.
My Druid ancestors call out from long past, I daughter of Ravenhill invoke the powers of darkness.I pour blood (Source not revealed) on an old ratty $20 bill and fan it over a fire fed by wood from an old oak tree that once saw a man hang. I thrust the pin through the heart of the note, the Hudson, and Punky’s Dad dolls.
Bubble, bubble toil in trouble…
Mr. Hudson, go to your safety deposit box and Expresspost the Super radar to me,
PD send $20, so I’ll be honest enough to get you to pay the $20 face value for me. Ha ha ha! If this works, forget advertising, I can sell anything on Ebay ha ha ha...(more maniacal laughing)

PS Mr. Squid... you will have the urge to buy your wife a very nice brand new dress and take her out for an expensive dinner.                                               KLR   :-*
IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 11:46:50 pm »

I have discovered and now EXPOSE her nefarious plan. Eventually she may take over da whole forum den da world. Don ignore da area you tink as just nice white space. Just click/highlight over da white space and her deed is exposed. Who knows how much damage she caused. Squid mon, I hope da Lady of da house is doing well. For a while I have the urge to send Huds $20 for no reason.
 ???

Oh what a nice note.
Now Mr. Squid, why would an evil lady like me beg?

KLR

IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI
Subliminal message #3 Ravenhill Curse #18
By the curse of the Voodoo Lady’s website, paid $2.99US via Paypal
With this Voodoo doll fashioned in the likeness of Hudson, comes complete with a scale replica of old couch, dumpster, and one little shoe, and this doll of a short guy wearing dreadlocks, a kilt, and a Hawaiian shirt because it is always important to properly accessorize.
My Druid ancestors call out from long past, I daughter of Ravenhill invoke the powers of darkness.I pour blood (Source not revealed) on an old ratty $20 bill and fan it over a fire fed by wood from an old oak tree that once saw a man hang. I thrust the pin through the heart of the note, the Hudson, and Punky’s Dad dolls.
Bubble, bubble toil in trouble…
Mr. Hudson, go to your safety deposit box and Expresspost the Super radar to me,
PD send $20, so I’ll be honest enough to get you to pay the $20 face value for me. Ha ha ha! If this works, forget advertising, I can sell anything on Ebay ha ha ha...(more maniacal laughing) [/color]
PS Mr. Squid... you will have the urge to buy your wife a very nice brand new dress and take her out for an expensive dinner.                                              KLR   :-*
IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI

Gosh she can even make a smiley look evil. Kerris I give you credit for being creative. Happy Hallows eve.

Book her Don-no, aloha.

PD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:55:03 pm by Punkys Dad »

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:13 am »

For a while I have the urge to send Huds $20 for no reason.

Hmmm... this is the kind of talk I like to hear.... :-)

But... I ...
Must.. fight... urge... to go back to SD box and ... send my Super Radar.
Lol...  That ain't going ANYWHERE!!  :-)

Have a safe Halloween everyone, and a celebratory All Saints Day following that.

Huds
PS: "Secret Radar list" (lol)  being sent out tonight.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:28:03 am by Hudson A B »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:18 am »

HUDSON EMAIL AND PM SENT JUST TO COVER ALL BASES ;D

FRIEDSQUID

P.S.   I HOPE THE GIRL I SENT WRAPPED IN THE BOW WAS WORTH THE SUPER RADAR :o

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »

100 dollar bill. it is in great shape for the year has a small tare in the right hand coner. nothing really to worry about.

I guess its like saying "I have a 1988 mini van.. great shape for the year but has a small engine problem... nothing really to worry about"  Any offers ;D

Login with username, password and session length