Author
Topic: CBC $10 1887, $5 1871  (Read 4371 times)
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:20 am »

Hello again :
           One  of  you  recently  mentioned  to  me  that  there  is an  image  of  the  rare  CBC  1887  $10  in  one  of  the  modern Canadian  catalogues.    In my present isolated location it is extremely  difficult for  me  to  locate  such catalogues.    Is  there  one  among  you  who  could  take  a  few  minutes   to  send  me  a  high-resolution  color  image  of  this  rare  note??
            (PS  I  could  also  use a  nice  image  of  the  1871  $5  (front  and  back)from  the  same  bank.)
             I  can  offer  images  of  some  other  rare  banknotes  (USA,  Canada,  Cuba)  if  you  care  to  let  me  know  what you  would  like.
               Thanks,                                       Bernard  Schaaf
                                                                >bernard_schaaf@hotmail.com>
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:07:07 am »

Hey Bernard

If you wish I can easily find you the latest edition of the catalog.

KC's Canadian Currency
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:53:51 pm »

I'm willing to donate $20 towards the cost and shipping of a 5th edition Charlton catalogue for our isolated colleague.

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:17:58 pm »

A very generous offer from Ottawa

What do you say Bernard? I think your research will never be complete if you keep using outdated reference guides. Having answered some of your guestion on multiple occasion I understand you are a very determined individual who deserve update reference manuals. This should save you countless hours of work!

Jason

KC's Canadian Currency
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 05:21:48 pm »

I should of added that the charlton guide does not have color images. Nonetheless these images are all their in very presentable form

KC's Canadian Currency

Login with username, password and session length