Author
Topic: Shortage of 10s circulating  (Read 24548 times)
FogDevil
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 01:35:31 pm »

Well, in January last year, the user named Seth tried to promote awareness of our $10 bill by withdrawing an entire brick of $10 bills and spend them.  He attempted to promote awareness on his site, "Where's Willy?" if I am not mistaken.  I wonder how he did with it last year, and I wonder if he did this same thing in January this year?

I am guessing that it's going to take more than just one user to create awareness of our $10 bill.  Publicity doesn't seem to work anymore - not even if it's a television commerical or a newspaper advertisement.  One person ordering 1,000 $10 bills is not enough.  It's going to take thousands of Canadians to create awareness.

I would never go to the extremes in an effort to promote awareness of our beloved purple banknote by ordering 1,000 of such denomination (to me, 20 $10 bills when cashing my cheque is sufficient enough), because if the demand is low, the $10 becomes slow.  I still believe the $10 bill is going into a deeper decline and is likely going to come to an end within about 5 more years.

Login with username, password and session length