Author
Topic: The Suspense Is Hurting Me...  (Read 5616 times)
jonathan
« on: June 17, 2004, 07:56:10 pm »

All right...

We haven't seen any new $10 prefixes in almost a full year.  Is the Bank of Canada still printing new $10 notes with the Jenkins/Dodge combo?

I sure hope so.  I hope we see a brand new $10 prefix before the one-year anniversary of the last prefix printed (that being BEK).

Later,
Jonathan
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:49:37 pm »

At the bank today I got brand new FEA's.  So these have obviously been hanging around for quite a while.  This coupled with the fact that we haven't seen new prefixes in 10 months, leads me to believe there just isn't any demand for the $10.  I've seen no shortage of cash register drawers filled with $5's and $20's, but little to no $10's.

Marc :)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 09:59:21 pm »

I'm expecting to pick up a brick of $10s at the bank tomorrow as well, and a gut instinct is telling me it will be FEM likely, maybe in the 3.0-3.9M range.

I'll let you guys know if there's anything interesting in the brick or if something weird happens like brand new 2001 FEEs  ;D

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 08:08:40 pm »

Do you think that the BoC might retire the $10 bill someday, and replace it with more $5 and $20 bills?

Jonathan
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 08:24:22 pm »

I highly doubt it... It's not anywhere near as bad as the U.S. $2 note which people really don't use.  The $10 is still in considerable usage throughout Canada, just not as much as its neighbours, the $5 and $20.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 09:44:36 pm »

I doubt it, too.  But then again, I saw two cash drawers today both filled with $5's and $20's, and no $10's at all.

Marc :)
jonathan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:28:39 pm »

On April 19th, 2004, Michael quoted from the "Meeting with Sr. Deputy Governor Paul Jenkins":

Quote:

"He (Jenkins) also told me (Michael) that the Bank (of Canada) was in fact introducing additional security feature enhancements on the $10 Journey Series notes and that it will be issued for general circulation by this summer."

I guess that explains why there haven't been any brand new $10 prefixes in almost a year.  I assume that they will have new $10 prefixes eventually.

Later, Jonathan

Login with username, password and session length