Author
Topic: Has anyone seen any $5 prefixes between APF and APK yet?  (Read 12238 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:49:55 am »

I was just wondering if anyone has seen any new $5 prefixes between APF and APK?  I haven't even seen any APF's or APK's, but have seen them in the high/lows section.  Is it normal to have a gap and none pop up yet?
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:09:17 pm »

I have seen a couple of each here in Windsor, ON.  But nothing in between these prefixes.  Seems quite the opposite from what happened with the last release.  Once APA's were spotted, APB's, APC's, APD's, and APE's, were all spotted at the same time, and in mass quantites.   seems odd.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:14:32 pm »

Once APA's were spotted, APB's, APC's, APD's, and APE's, were all spotted at the same time, and in mass quantites.   seems odd.
I thought so to...spoke to people out East and out West and none seen yet.
Wondering if a brick searchers bought them all..... ;D

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:37 pm »

I haven't seen any higher dan APE yet ere in New West. But I have been away from Fives before Christmas searching Tens. I tink I needed a break from da fives. Maybe everybody in Canada is too busy and poor paying off dem Christmas bills to spend fives.

May da luck of da golden Bananas be wit you squid mon.  ;D

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone has seen any new $5 prefixes between APF and APK? 

Still wondering if ANYONE has had any luck in finding whether in bricks or in circulation any prefixes between APF and APK?
DO they exist?
I haven't even seen an APF yet either

coinboy
  • CPMS # 1351
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:52:07 pm »

Me niether untill today....Went to my local bank to get my weekly fix of 5's...low and behold mixed in with the AOF to AOW mixture was APK1289372-3 and APK1289376-80  FP89 BP89.

Keep look'n the truth is out there.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 01:36:09 am »

Keep look'n the truth is out there.
The truth is actually beyond out there.  If it were out there, then we could harness 100% of the truth, as it were contained within the reaches of human conciousness.  However, we can never be 100% sure we have the whole truth, so logic says there must be at least one part of truth that we cannot know at any given time, which means at any given time there is a domain that exists beyond human conciousness.  And if human consiousness is always able to make decisions of good and evil, then this one part that is beyond, must be beyond the concept of the dichotomy of good and evil both sharing a particular time interval.

Oh yeah - back to the post-- the truth is out there, but will we ever know with 100% certainty?

okay--

Up northern AB, I have yet to see a prefix past APA.  There is little cash flow in my town though.

Oh and make sure to note down the FP/BPs of the host brick if there is anything funny or strange.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 07:42:49 am »

Up northern AB, I have yet to see a prefix past APA.  There is little cash flow in my town though.

Hudson, maybe if you start brick searching up there you can get more money into the town and boost the local economy.  We all know how much teachers make...you should have plenty of cash to throw around ;D

FogDevil
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:32 pm »

I don't think there's usually any activity in new prefixes for small denominations during the first two or three months of any given year.  Like I had stated in the thread about the shortage of $10 bills, this time period is also known as the "Winter dry spell" for shoppers.  There hasn't been a major shopping event since the week following Christmas, and there probably won't be any major shopping until around Easter time.  Then come April, the malls and shopping districts will get busier little by little and remain busy until the week after next Christmas (although there will be some brief dry spells but not as extensive as January through March).  I did receive some crisp $10s at a Scotiabank branch during the start of the Valentine's Day rush in 2007, but not this year.  That particular occurrence was just simply a rarity and pure luck, as that particular branch was most likely offered them up front.

This dry spell was probably proof as to why the first two prefixes of the 2005 print year of $10s (BEY and BEZ) were first reported in January 2006, and there wasn't a reporting of the BT- prefixes until mid-April that year, and the BT- prefixes came on fast, ending with the BTF prefix - first reported that June.  By the time the prefixes of the 2005 print year were all first reported, all I saw in terms of crisp $10s were primarily BEZ's and BTA's.  Everything else up until then were BEW's, BEY's, and even FES's.

Now, where was I?  Oh yeah...  ::)

As for the $5s with prefixes between APF and APK and why they aren't circulating in Canada as yet, hang in there - there'll probably be some more activity come closer to Easter.  Trust me, you'll all be in for a treat.

And BTW (no pun intended), the last prefix I saw in crisp $5s was APC back in December.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:19:54 pm by FogDevil »
Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 04:21:23 pm »

Just got an APJ in circulated condition from work.  I have to agree with FogDevil, it's probably just the time of year.
Dottir
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 04:34:55 am »

I got an APB last night. APB9968497

Just jumping in with my 5 bucks :D
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 05:11:12 pm »

An "Printed in 2006" APK 0920411 fp55 bp76 Ream 24 has finally appeared here in New Westminster from my Grocery store. It's about time it did. No see any 2007 or 2008s yet.
 ;)
Dei Gratia

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
$5 Stacks
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 11:57:05 pm »

Yes, I seen APK 606's in Thornhill I got in a brick also printed in 2006. I ordered them in advance straight from the bank of Canada. It's like backstock or something.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:08:46 am by $5 Stacks »
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 01:34:02 am »

By the way, what were the full serial numbers?

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 04:24:09 pm »

Hi,
    I saw APH in 6m,3m and 0510 126in circulation near Mtl.It's the only prefix I saw between APF and APK.
    In futur all prefix will be in circulation.
                                Claude
FogDevil
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:55 pm »

The only crisp new $5 prefixes I have seen so far this year are APGs, and we are nearly 9 months into 2008 much faster than we could imagine.

I tell you, this is looking to be a really rough year for new $5s, but I'd say there'll be light at the end of the tunnel soon enough.  I'm sure I'll see APK and APL (maybe even APJ) very soon - seeing that there may be more demand for $5s in the months leading up to Christmas.

I did see a few APFs in near-crisp quality since June, though.  But nothing higher than APG, unfortunately.  I just haven't had time to go to the banks much this year.
jtfrogger
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:13:57 pm »

I've seen most of those.  I picked up a circulated bundle of 100 $5s today in Calgary.  The distribution was:
  • APJ (1)
  • APH (4)
  • APG (4)
  • APF (3)
  • APE (5)
  • APD (5)
  • APC (6)
  • APB (4)
  • APA ( 8 )
  • AOZ (5)
  • AOY (4)
  • AOW (4)
  • AOV (7)
  • AOU (7)
  • AOT (1)
  • AOS (2)
  • AOR (3)
  • AOP (3)
  • AON (2)
  • AOM (3)
  • AOL (1)
  • AOK (3)
  • AOJ (6)
  • AOH (2)
  • AOG (1)
  • AOF (2)
  • HOY (1)
  • HOW (1)
  • HOU (1)
  • HOG (1)
TDAB
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 03:29:58 pm »

Received a APG 1757042 in Grande Prairie, Ab. Does this one count ?  :)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 03:38:10 pm »

I hope you took some time to check out the serial numbers on some of those prefixes.   You never know how lucky you could be ;D

jtfrogger
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 03:41:13 pm »

I hope you took some time to check out the serial numbers on some of those prefixes.   You never know how lucky you could be ;D

I did, but they were all pretty boring.
slackjack
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 08:37:53 am »

hi all, im starting in paper money, if it could help somebody
here is a APJ

[attachment deleted by admin]
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 03:19:40 am »

Welcome to the Canadian Paper Money Forum (abbreviated as CPMF sometimes) and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I hope you find everyone here friendly and courteous and... wait. I sound like a freaking hotel manager. But still, I hope you have a great time collecting paper money. Unfortunately, however, this thread is obsolete because as time passes, the prefixes mentioned have begun to trickle into circulation and have now made up a significant portion of 5s. I do admire how you are willing to help like this and I hope you stay friendly and have a lot to contribute in the future.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!

Login with username, password and session length