Author
Topic: Has anyone seen any $5 prefixes between APF and APK yet?  (Read 12769 times)
FogDevil
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:55 pm »

The only crisp new $5 prefixes I have seen so far this year are APGs, and we are nearly 9 months into 2008 much faster than we could imagine.

I tell you, this is looking to be a really rough year for new $5s, but I'd say there'll be light at the end of the tunnel soon enough.  I'm sure I'll see APK and APL (maybe even APJ) very soon - seeing that there may be more demand for $5s in the months leading up to Christmas.

I did see a few APFs in near-crisp quality since June, though.  But nothing higher than APG, unfortunately.  I just haven't had time to go to the banks much this year.
jtfrogger
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:13:57 pm »

I've seen most of those.  I picked up a circulated bundle of 100 $5s today in Calgary.  The distribution was:
  • APJ (1)
  • APH (4)
  • APG (4)
  • APF (3)
  • APE (5)
  • APD (5)
  • APC (6)
  • APB (4)
  • APA ( 8 )
  • AOZ (5)
  • AOY (4)
  • AOW (4)
  • AOV (7)
  • AOU (7)
  • AOT (1)
  • AOS (2)
  • AOR (3)
  • AOP (3)
  • AON (2)
  • AOM (3)
  • AOL (1)
  • AOK (3)
  • AOJ (6)
  • AOH (2)
  • AOG (1)
  • AOF (2)
  • HOY (1)
  • HOW (1)
  • HOU (1)
  • HOG (1)
TDAB
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 03:29:58 pm »

Received a APG 1757042 in Grande Prairie, Ab. Does this one count ?  :)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 03:38:10 pm »

I hope you took some time to check out the serial numbers on some of those prefixes.   You never know how lucky you could be ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
jtfrogger
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 03:41:13 pm »

I hope you took some time to check out the serial numbers on some of those prefixes.   You never know how lucky you could be ;D

I did, but they were all pretty boring.
slackjack
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 08:37:53 am »

hi all, im starting in paper money, if it could help somebody
here is a APJ

[attachment deleted by admin]
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 03:19:40 am »

Welcome to the Canadian Paper Money Forum (abbreviated as CPMF sometimes) and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I hope you find everyone here friendly and courteous and... wait. I sound like a freaking hotel manager. But still, I hope you have a great time collecting paper money. Unfortunately, however, this thread is obsolete because as time passes, the prefixes mentioned have begun to trickle into circulation and have now made up a significant portion of 5s. I do admire how you are willing to help like this and I hope you stay friendly and have a lot to contribute in the future.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!

Login with username, password and session length