Author
Topic: Is this a true rotator. I thought the digit 1 was not included.only 0,6,8,9?  (Read 16911 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

ROTATOR "9010106" BANK OF CANADA $5 2002 " PMG 66 "UNC Item number: 230214704417
Asking $999.00 and PMG comments ...Rotator serial number

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member

This is just absurd. It is another clear example of PMG's gross incompetence. I could probably send in a highly crinkled note with serial number 5318645 and say it's a radar and they'd put that and UNC-63 on their holder!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

What I think is worse than PMG is the dealer selling it as a rotator ???

CJ_Sidewall

Aside from PMG's obvious mistake, the seller is contradicting themselves because they advertise the item as a rotator, yet they have an image of Charlton's definition of a rotator, which clearly states that "digits must be 0, 6, 8 or 9."   ::)

I had a radar note graded by PMG.  I was upset that "Radar Note" was not noted on the PMG certificate.   >:(
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I had a radar note graded by PMG.  I was upset that "Radar Note" was not noted on the PMG certificate.
From personal experience it seems that if you write down a description or comment when you submit the note it gets place on the card....if not you lose.
You would think that they would do it automatically...I guess not

CJ_Sidewall

It was explicitly noted that it was a radar note and it still didn't make it on the PMG certificate.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place

This should be one of those incidence(s) where we as forum members should report to Ebay that the product is MISREPRESENTED. If possible report to PMG themselves of their error. With persistence enough to report such products Ebay will have to think twice about allowing PMG listings. In the meantime we could do business with those that Grade with reliable accuracy.

PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency

This is just absurd. It is another clear example of PMG's gross incompetence. I could probably send in a highly crinkled note with serial number 5318645 and say it's a radar and they'd put that and UNC-63 on their holder!

Brent, 531865 is not a radar?

Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551

Brent is saying that PMG will put whatever you ask on the holder without verifying it, or knowing what radar means.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:31:57 pm by Gary_T »

Gary_T
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President

It is NOT a rotator. PMG can't grade either.

Rick
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Brent is saying that PMG will put whatever you ask on the holder without verifying it, or knowing what radar means

Great !If that's the case, I have a bunch of notes to send them.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I understand that many people seem critical of PMG grading, but if you take into consideration the actual quantity of notes that they grade, is the number of notes that people find fault with only a Minuit portion?
I'm sure time will tell when other TPG's start to grade more notes...how many in proportion will be criticised???

FRIEDSQUID

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place

Yeah mon, but its way too obvious an error from people who are supposed to be very professional. Da seller should ask for his money back.

From da questions regarding dis item, dis seller seems to not understand da concept of Rotators. I can understand that he is offering a Graded note for sale, fine, but continues to use da word Rotator on his Title and Description. Suggested teeny wording, and I know Calimari mon will cringe on da creative wording, "Almost Rotator", "Near Rotator", "Potato Rotato", "Rot1a1tor" or wad ever. I can live wit dat. Besides much of products I tink his price is a teeny high.

;D

Tink happy tots

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

After writing to the seller this was their reply

i dint grade it as a rotator
1 am advertising the graded note
- banknotegallery[/font]

So if a seller obviously knows that he is falsely advertising a note, but doesn't care ......what does this say about his integrity ???

Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector

This is just absurd. It is another clear example of PMG's gross incompetence . . . . .

PMG and the other American TPG companies should stick with what they know best, i.e., US currency, and they should not interfere with the Canadian and World markets by imposing laxer US grading standards on non-US notes. Canadian and International grading standards have traditionally been much tighter than the prevailing US standards. The paper fabric of post-1860 US notes is much different from that employed on Canadian and World notes and this fact may explain, at least in part, why PMG tends to overgrade Canadian and World notes by at least half a grade.

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).

Login with username, password and session length