Author
Topic: Is this a true rotator. I thought the digit 1 was not included.only 0,6,8,9?  (Read 16910 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I see that the seller has removed Charltons definition of what a rotator note really is, but still advertises it as a rotator.  Boy that sure fooled me ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector

I see that the seller has removed Charltons definition of what a rotator note really is, but still advertises it as a rotator.  Boy that sure fooled me ;D

This is obviously a new type of Rotator, i.e. a "PMG Rotator" (not a Charlton Rotator), and who are we to question the final judgment of what many people regard to be the most "respected" third-party paper money grading company in the entire world? LOL!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:03:41 pm by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place

Hey Ottawa, dat sounds like a perfect description for it.

This is obviously a new type of Rotator, i.e. a "PMG Rotator" (not a Charlton Rotator), and who are we to question the final judgment of what many people regard to be the most "respected" third-party paper money grading company in the entire world? LOL!!

By da way, Polarbear sold his AOT 8801088 PMG Rotator or Rot1tor. Could it eventually show up on dat Seller's  Ebay store one day?  ;)

Taking me happy pills now

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

By da way, Polarbear sold his AOT 8801088 PMG Rotator or Rot1tor. Could it eventually show up on dat Seller's  Ebay store one day? 

Taking me happy pills now

HEY MON, a good eye ya got, but it is I who bought it. 8)
I bought it for a test.......The results to be posted when it returns.
PMG Rotating Radar...And if it isn't a Choice Unc like polar says it is.....
He will be rotating on it :o

FRIEDSQUID

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member

I agree mon, We can compare what PMG sez and den what BCS sez den take an average, list da note on Ebay for $986.

If you're right den I could send in my BTK 8806088 at east it has da right numbers Squid mon.

Tink happy tots sez my Dr Shrink

Perhaps we should make a poll and have the forum members understand what a Rotator really is?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:05:26 pm by Punkys Dad »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member

Cleaning up the thread before someone says something inappropriate :o

I'm looking at you two, polarbear and friedsquid! ;D

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!

Hey Brent.   It was all Friedsquids fault.  He accidently ate cuttlefish instead of squid.  He was hallucinating :o

Polarbear
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member

No Look at me Brent mon,

Mama Jamaica sez, "You are what you smoke mon."
And I sez "Tanks for da special spice prescription Mama."

I found dis matching note to dis one,    Bank of Canada 1973  Item number: 350024554273  
I sez Holy Moley! Same serial number, another PMG product and again dey are wrong...by dey are consistent.

Tink happy tots.  :)

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member

PMG and the other American TPG companies should stick with what they know best, i.e., US currency, and they should not interfere with the Canadian and World markets by imposing laxer US grading standards on non-US notes. Canadian and International grading standards have traditionally been much tighter than the prevailing US standards. The paper fabric of post-1860 US notes is much different from that employed on Canadian and World notes and this fact may explain, at least in part, why PMG tends to overgrade Canadian and World notes by at least half a grade.

Here's another one using ones on Ebay; item 220208321588 ASF 1011101. A very nice literal Binary radar.

I have not browsed in many US banknote sites, so could we assume that the inclusion of the One is within the American definition of a Rotator and not the Charlton. If so, do American collectors have a explicit definition of Rotator in their own community? That can explain part of the confusion.

Dei Gratia

Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551

This is not a rotator note but it is also not a Beattie/ Coyne  replacement note either.

PMG really has no clue. Ebay item number 120232216183.

Gary_T
schoqmcloi

and also their label stipule *A/A0125440 when it's really *A/A0215440......
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

This is not a rotator note but it is also not a Beattie/ Coyne  replacement note either.
 PMG really has no clue. Ebay item number 120232216183.  

Now this is even funnier. I asked the seller of this note about the discrepancy and this was his answer
Our explanation.... it's a RARE PMG Error![/quote]

So now ....Do you think there will soon be a market for "PMG ERROR NOTES" ;D

FRIEDSQUID

Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551

This is the question asked about this note and there answer.

Q:     Do you realize that your PMG holder does not coincide with the actually note in the holder. The first thing is that the serial numbers do not match and secondly neither to the signatures. Do you have an explanation please THX

A:     Our explanation.... it's a RARE PMG Error!

So I'm guessing that they are saying it is worth more because of this RARE packaging error? 

I see that there was a response while I was typing but I'm not wasting my typing effort.

Gary_T
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Thanks Gary, it was I that asked them that question...and I probably should have shown the exact question I did ask....so thanks ...and no your typing efforts were not wasted ;D

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member

This is the question asked about this note and there answer.

So I'm guessing that they are saying it is worth more because of this RARE packaging error? 

I see that there was a response while I was typing but I'm not wasting my typing effort.

On the contrary, PMG has demonstrated many errors in the past. It's their properly graded notes that are becoming rarer.  ;)

PD

Login with username, password and session length