Author
Topic: Journey "Double Shinplaster"  (Read 5618 times)
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« on: July 23, 2004, 05:53:58 am »

Found within a brick of HNP, a small group of notes with a faint dot, like a decimal point under the bottom left of the white 5.(see below).
My friend name them Journey "Double Shinplaster",   .5 dollars!  A show and tell piece.  A very interesting minor error, which I hope it isn't an omen about where our money is going. ;D ;D

{http://members.shaw.ca/ekong/kobecurrency/HNP%20double%20shinplaster.jpg}
{http://members.shaw.ca/ekong/kobecurrency/HNP%20Zoom%20double%20shinplaster.jpg}

The Original Ranman
  • Ya I know
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 11:03:50 am »

The price for every thing today they all should have the dot :).I do believe I seen another one on e-Bay.

Randy

Randy
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 11:38:04 am »

Maybe this is just me, but it seems a bit desperate when people start calling stuff like this an error and expect to sell them for big bucks.  Now if we're talking about the legendary Ghost notes, or some misplaced signatures, or serial number mismatches, etc, then sure!  But a little tiny dot like this?  Please....!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 12:16:55 pm »

I don't think that kobecurrency really meant that this is an error with any significance.
A show and tell piece.  A very interesting minor error
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 09:53:40 pm »

Maybe this is just me, but it seems a bit desperate when people start calling stuff like this an error and expect to sell them for big bucks.  

A public forum is letting others share their findings.  No matter how small of an error it is, there's always something for everyone to learn from it.  

;D

Smile from your heart.  ;D
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 11:51:35 pm »

Well this is not much either but the same as the $5.
The prefix is FEJ and every second note has this mark,all odd numbers.

Gary_T
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 12:59:21 am »

Interesting that the error shows on only even numbered notes. Adds to the theory that sheets are numbered on 2 different machines and combined before the ream is cut. We have found a few prefixes that have been distributed in consecutive odd, consecutive even and regular consecutive order. Maybe near the end of an order only one machine is used  creating this odd number distribution. $20 EWP up to about 6million was the end of an order and were distributed in odd number runs. The new order for EW's started with new plates and a minor change in the magnetic strip which shows up on higher numbered EWP notes and onward.
Nice find. Glad you shared it with us.

Login with username, password and session length