Author
Topic: How scarce is an AOB 2.240-2.320 insert  (Read 4165 times)
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:07 am »

I saw a thread the other day that had to do with inserts and the amount printed and found and if Gilles would provide info on populations of inserts in particular ranges.

This reminded me of something I've wondered for awhile now. Where are all the low range AOB 2.240-2.320 insert notes? I've seen high range notes on ebay as well as here but since they have come out three years ago I've never seen one listed for sale.

I don't get to many shows are there any at the dealers tables there? I know what the catalogue says the value is but if one has not sold for awhile how do they determine the value of one? What do you think it should be worth?

I hope some of the insert collectors here answer my questions and help me out with this. 

Thanks, Gary

Gary_T
Dr.Bill
  • CPMS Member 1520
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:12:29 am »

I have been searching a long time for this insert note. As far as I know, this note is extremely rare. About 2 months ago, I received this Unc note as a Christmas gift from a collector friend of mine. What is this note worth? To me, it is priceless!
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:49:38 pm »

Never seen any in this range either. AOB's within this range are very rare, there are very few around especially in UNC. They are possibly one of the rarest 2002 Series inserts you can find after HPA (for sheet inserts).
Being sheet inserts, this would raise the question as to if they really were printed by the sheet and not issued as a SNR insert note  ???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:51:33 pm by JB-2007 »
bc collect
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:53 pm »

Yes they are rare, did find ONE in a brick of AOB and know of a few others found as well.
Only about 10 or so were found in bricks, as far as I know.
I think those could have been SNR notes, but  SNR notes could have happend even in Bird notes!
bc collect
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 03:26:34 pm »

Did find another range as well, it was an AOB in a HN
Brick, what is something what everybody  talked to thinks was not possiable.

Login with username, password and session length