Author
Topic: AZD $20 error?  (Read 4823 times)
Dottir
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:39:11 am »

Hi.

I have a 2004 print/issue $20 - AZD9614621 FN/61, BN/72 - where the serial number on the right sits a bit higher than the one on the left. It is aligned straight, just higher. Is this considered an error?

Thanks.

Dottir.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:24:33 am by Dottir »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:59 am »

Best post a picture.  It will be easier fro someone to comment on it.
Sometimes the alignment can be significant enough for someone to consider it an error and other times it seems to be the norm since printing of banknotes in no way is done to make a note look perfect ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Dottir
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:17:39 am »

Actually, have been browsing about error notes and I think I will be way more excited to find errors, especially big ones, than perfection if I keep on with this interest, judging by some of the prices I've seen for them :D I've been thinking back on weird money I've had and qquickly changed for a better shape one (fold and cuts and weird coulors... oh my and oh sigh :( )

I can't upload a pic at present (still waiting for cdrom drive in the mail and to reinstall Kodak software so I can take pics and no idea when I'll be able to. Hopefully soon!!!)

A while ago I did happen to spot a picture of a $10 with an error that looked the very same error and degree of error though (I think the site referred to it as a simple error)  ... if only I could remember the site. It was linked through here I'm sure ... the site had a sections for "Error Notes" and images as samples. Not a huge error I think ... but an error it looks like. I'll see if I can find the site and image again and link it here.
Dottir
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33:43 am »

Amazing ... I found it! The error and the degree of it almost exact for my $20 as the one on the $10 image ... so my $20 obviously considered an error it seems, but not hugely interesting to people???

http://www.rarenotes.net/pages/serpgs/bek3254173.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:36:50 am by Dottir »
Dottir
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:12:45 pm »

FYI - I just got an AOT $5 with the same right-side-higher-serial number.
Seems to be a pretty common thing then!

Login with username, password and session length