Author
Topic: General inquiry regarding replacements and changeovers.  (Read 3237 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:22:07 pm »

Hi guys, big thanks goes out to the members that contacted me snd provided me with info regarding my first thread.

I now have a general question... in your general opinion at what condition is a replacement/insert/changeover note not worth keeping/collecting?

thanks!

polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:20:42 pm »

Hello wizard

Welcome to the forum. 

You have to remember when ranges are given out for replacement notes, this is only how many are possibley avaliable.  That does not mean there are that many out there.  So you can have and 80k range and only a few of the notes avaliable and a 40k range out there and hundred out there. 

It also goes on supply and demand also. If you have 400 replacement collectors and only 50 notes, price increases

Try to buy the unc and better.  These notes will increase probally the most or keep their value the longest.  But remember, if there is a real rare note  in vf or ef, have seen some go for a pretty penny. 

Changeovers are the same but i am not sure how many people collect them.  they are always nice to have because you see a total name change or design or year.  Easily recognizable.

Happy Hunting

Polarbear

Login with username, password and session length