Author
Topic: Mislabeled PMG Note - Are People Really This Crazy?  (Read 4994 times)
gonkman
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:51 am »

I know someone mentioned this item before in another post but I can't believe the price this item has reached.

The 1954 $1 *A/A B-R Note is now up over $140!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120232216183&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I believe one of you members asked the person if they realize they are selling the note with incorrect PMG information when it was graded and they stated "It is a RARE PMG Error"??

Its bad enough that PMG Got the Serial Number Wrong, Signatures Wrong and Charlton number wrong.. But even the Seller is listing the wrong BC Number in the Auction information.

The note is worth about $20 or so max since it is a Beattie-Ram and not a Beattie-Coyne..

If people are ready to pay this kinda of money for an error.. I am going to send all my 1954 $2 G/R notes into PMG.. maybe one will come back as a Test Note.. :P

Crazyness...
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:50 am »

No wonder the seller employs "Private" auctions! In my opinion, PMG-graded notes should be banned from eBay!

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).

Login with username, password and session length