Author
Topic: Noobie Replacement inquiry BTG found in BTJ Bundles  (Read 3649 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:27:47 am »

Hi I dont know too too much about canadian replacement notes and was wondering if you guys could help me.

I work for a bank and when we got new bills in I searched the bricks and found two bundles that had different out of series notes in the same location ($10 2005 series). In between BTJ5373601 and BTJ5373599 was BTG8753098 (85 Plate number on front, 90 on the back), and in between BTJ5372601 and BTJ5372599 was BTG8752098 (68 Plate number on front, 53 on the back). These were shrink wrap sealed blocks with white bands.

The shoulders of those BTG notes also have the same plate numbers (At least on the front). Unfortunately I didnt even realize there were back plate numbers for these tens until I really looked carefully.

Is there any way to know if these are actually replacement notes?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 12:36:12 am by Wizard1 »

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:08:28 am »

Hi I dont know too too much about canadian replacement notes and was wondering if you guys could help me.

I work for a bank and when we got new bills in I searched the bricks and found two bundles that had different out of series notes in the same location ($10 2005 series). In between BTJ5373601 and BTJ5373599 was BTG8753098 (85 Plate number on front, 90 on the back), and in between BTJ5372601 and BTJ5372599 was BTG8752098 (68 Plate number on front, 53 on the back). These were shrink wrap sealed blocks with white bands.

The shoulders of those BTG notes also have the same plate numbers (At least on the front). Unfortunately I didnt even realize there were back plate numbers for these tens until I really looked carefully.

Is there any way to know if these are actually replacement notes?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your post.
Your finds can be authenticated by find in bricks from a close relative proximity.  Also, fraudulent claims can be disproven , with a reasonably high degree of certainty (not that I am inplying your are not real).

So, it appears you have 2 "sheet replacements".
meaning, two bricks from the same ream, had the same note taken out - most likely implying that an entire sheet was removed.

There are always goofy anomolies, but this is pretty much the gist of it.
Make sure to carefully document your info, including FP (front position) and BP (back position) numbers.

With hope they will be verified soon. (This is another in depth process).

request to other users: I am unable to make LD calls from my location ( no I am not in prison) haha, but if someone could report this find to GP and the circumstances, that would be appreciated.

Have a  great day and keep up the hunt!!!!

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:14:43 am »

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
The BTG notes you have found are in a confirmed range .
This 80K range is 8700000-8780000.
Congratulations on your find.  I assume this is your first?
As Hudson pointed out, if the front and back position numbers are the same then these would likely be sheet replacements as opposed to SNR's (Single note replacements)

Now since you say you work for a bank .....I guess some of us would be envious....especially those of us that are addicted to searching bricks.....any openings in the near future ;D

As before, if you have any questions or require an up to date list of replacement notes you can email me at mikez@scsinternet.com.

Take care

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length