Author
Topic: Variety, volumes, prices of Paper money..  (Read 3835 times)
retrorescue
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:21 pm »

While my CAD paper money collection and research is ongoing, I occasionally drift my attention over to the USD notes. They are definitely interesting and worth considering for collecting purposes.

One can collect Silver certificates, Gold certificates, star notes, large bills, Hawaii notes, etc etc.

Some of the advantages of collecting USD notes versus CAD notes are, imho:

1. More history = more types available to buyers
2. More active market = more liquidity in case one needs to sell

I have not started collecting US notes yet. I'm curious to learn how did others on this board begin their USD collecting approach?

:D
-retrorescue
Jason
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 04:58:56 pm »

I collect US banknotes, but at an even greater snail's pace than I do my Canadian notes.  For the most part, I got mine from banks or in circulation, and most of mine are the green-sealed Federal Reserve Notes.  I have the small headed ones ($1-$100), the large headed ones ($5-50), and the new coloured $20--looking forward to adding the coloured $50.  Over the years, I have managed to obtain a couple of blue-sealed Silver Certificates, and one red-sealed United States Note, but that's it so far.  And of course, I have my $2001-note and my $1,000,000-note.

For the most part, I just collect what I come across, as my banknote collection is in fact a spin-off of my coin collection.

Login with username, password and session length