Author
Topic: Canadian Notes From Other Countries?  (Read 3132 times)
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« on: May 28, 2008, 03:53:54 pm »

There is a 1954 $50 Note on Ebay, currently at $200.00.   But it is in Hong Kong....
Is ok to buy Canadian notes from other countries?

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »

Sorry,
I forgot to post the item number!

Here it is : 130225499694

kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:15:35 pm »

I have purchased several notes from Hong Kong and some of them came in under graded which I was pleasantly surprised. I am unaware of their grading standard but from past experience it was positive. If purchasing the note from eBay I would suggest using Paypal and there should be no problems. Give extra time for shipments to arrive and make sure the shipping cost is not too high.

As cautionary advice you may want to check the authenticity of Canadian notes coming from western European countries. Many fake specimens from the 1937 set originated from there. I have also dealt with numerous people claiming to have high end notes from 1935 Bank of Canada or Dominion of Canada for dirt cheap. Once the serial were verified it was proven that these notes were non existing.

KC's Canadian Currency
50monarch
  • Every note gets me one step closer to Cayman
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:54:12 pm »

Hey Hemi;

I figured you might want to hear form other forum members too, which may help in your decision making.

I have also purchased notes and other stuff form Hong Kong and have had no problems at all.  Of course if the item is a replacement notes or such, I would check to see if the serial number falls within the established range.   As kid_kc79 said, you have to realize that the time frame for receiving the merchandise may be a little bit longer, so don't panic if it takes more than a week.  Each year I send postcards from the Cayman Islands and it takes at least 2 1/2 weeks before they arrive in Canada.

Also, check their feedback and if you want click on some of the buyers to see where the eBayer has shipped.

Hope this helps.
schoqmcloi
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:02 pm »

He sold the note B/H1386622 (sold 152.50$) to a guy from Canada, auction end May 18th, and positive feedback already been left yesterday, so shipping was also quick.

Serge

Login with username, password and session length