Poll

If SNR's are placed in the new catalogue will this give you more confidence to buy them?

Yes
16 (47.1%)
No
3 (8.8%)
Makes no difference will buy them either way
9 (26.5%)
makes no difference won't buy them either way
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author
Topic: Insert/Replacement notes in the new catalogue  (Read 11423 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:50:19 pm »

Since the new catalogue will be coming out shortly and there has been so much talk about whether or not insert/replacement SNR's and Sheet Replacements will be listed I was wondering what people will think if they are entered into the next catalogue.  How will you collecting habits change, if at all.
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:36:56 pm »

Does anyone know the exact date the new Cat. is coming out?
Thanks!

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:33:19 pm »

No it will not change my habbit to much because I try to buy what I am missing any ways.

Harwil4u2
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:33:54 pm »

I just buy the nice ones I see!

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:31:37 pm »

I know that there are more than 11 members that collect insert/replacement notes since I have sold to more than that. Unless your laid up in the hospital, the poll only takes a few seconds to complete.  Your opinions are appreciated.
Thanks.
FRIEDSQUID

Daamg
  • Can you ever really get it all?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »

Nothing will change for me - full steam ahead on my collection.  I'm to far into this addiction to stop now ;)
Ian
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:01:44 am »

I know that there are more than 11 members that collect insert/replacement notes since I have sold to more than that. Unless your laid up in the hospital, the poll only takes a few seconds to complete.  Your opinions are appreciated.
Thanks.
FRIEDSQUID

Well, Thank you  !!! The number of members that contributed to the poll just doubled from 11 to 22 votes.  Any more opinions are more than welcome.
FRIEDSQUID

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 03:56:58 pm »

Need to also add:

Ranges get clarified into SNR's on occasion, as data comes in.

After being revealed an SNR, there is zero risk of it "reverting" back to a sheet replacement notation.  It remains as SNR.  It is the result of some long hard research.

Enjoy collecting!

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 06:08:24 pm »

Need to also add:
Ranges get clarified into SNR's on occasion, as data comes in.
After being revealed an SNR, there is zero risk of it "reverting" back to a sheet replacement notation.  It remains as SNR.  It is the result of some long hard research.
Enjoy collecting!

Interesting and comforting to know ;D

abyss
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 06:55:58 pm »

I recently started to collect insert notes from the Journey series and have been lucky so far with my purchases I believe. I look forward to the new catalogue to see what prices the catalogue will quote as opposed to what I paid.
Whether listed or not I would still collect them since I personally believe that if not now, eventually the notes will be increasing in value and be of interest to more ad more collectors as time goes on.
Obviously, only my opinion
ABYSS
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 02:06:27 pm »

This poll will be closed on the 1st of July, so if you haven't voted...why not do it now.  Thanks for those of you that have already done so...
It will definitely be interesting to see what the new catalogue holds

FRIEDSQUID

50monarch
  • Every note gets me one step closer to Cayman
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 06:19:58 pm »

I guess I'm one of those guys laid up in the hospital.  ;D

I prefer to purchase Sheet replacements however I have started collecting the SNRs when $ allows.  Hudson's comments above and on another thread make me feel better knowing what I have as SNRs will remain SNRs.  Having the SNRs in the Charlton Catalogue should ease any concerns collectors have about collecting them, however this may result in the value of these notes going higher due to the demand.

Oops, here comes the nurse.  ;)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »

I guess I'm one of those guys laid up in the hospital.  ;D

I prefer to purchase Sheet replacements however I have started collecting the SNRs when $ allows.  Hudson's comments above and on another thread make me feel better knowing what I have as SNRs will remain SNRs.  Having the SNRs in the Charlton Catalogue should ease any concerns collectors have about collecting them, however this may result in the value of these notes going higher due to the demand.

Oops, here comes the nurse.  ;)

Is the nurse cute? lol

Anyway... thanks for noting that post I made.  I guess the thing that everyone has learned with regards to replacements, is to be somewhat cautious at first, until more information is available.   As we have found out over the years, as more information becomes available, some designations have changed.  Although frustrating at times, however, it is all in the name of the higher good- which is sorting out the facts.

These days, the process by which notes become officially recognized as sheet or SNRs is more stringent than ever before, because the last thing that anyone wants is to have a designation that needs to be fixed.  So, like the Vatican authenticating real miracles, the body of collectors try to replicate that precision in detail and depth.

I am happy to resume my brick research in a few months.  After this 10 month holiday, I am very excited for this. :-)

Hudson
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:52:41 pm by Hudson A B »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 10:09:51 pm »

The poll is now closed. I guess in a few weeks we will see what the new catalogue has to say about inserts.....Hopefully it is good news for insert collectors...
Thanks to everyone that took part.
Friedsquid

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 10:32:33 pm »

I hope its good news.  :D

Login with username, password and session length