Author
Topic: OT but you have to read!!  (Read 4442 times)
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:21:58 pm »

There is a 7 year old little boy with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in our area.  When the Children’s Wish foundation asked what his wishes were.  Most children wish for a trip to Disney Land or meeting someone famous.  Shane’s wish is to break the worlds record for the number of birthday cards received for one birthday.  Have a look here http://shanebernier.ca/

Well the problem is that the record is 3,500,000.  If you can find time (which we all can)  please send him a birthday card and maybe one from each of your family members. 

Some may not think this is too important or maybe can't be bothered, but it really means a lot to Shane, remember this was his only wish.  Talking with the one who brought this to my attention and they aren't sure if he will even make it to his 8th birthday.  Please try to do this and also let as many other people know and post it on any other forums you know of.  I would like to see this happen, but it will take a great effort on everyone’s part.

What we are doing is.... there are 9 in our family and each of us are sending one.  Please try to do this for each of your family members.

Thanks and lets try to make this work.

Tom
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:40:47 pm »

3 ready to mail tomorrow.  To bad the post office doesn't open EASTER MONDAY?

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:42:46 am »

He and his mother were on Canada AM (CTV) this morning.  Apparently they received around 2.5 million birthday cards.  However, there is no category for that in the Guiness and it won't be entered.  The mother was very happy that it was as successful as it was, and said he had an 80% chance of doing well after treatment.

Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 12:06:58 pm »

I hope they open the letter I sent to find the two notes enclosed. I wonder if the money from the cost of all those stamps (1.3 million) would have helped the family more?

Gary_T
bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:42:14 am »

Hey Gary:
Yes I hear what your are saying with the 1.3 million doing better as help to the family. No doubt they are most likely having to struggle with finances and medical bills and care bills on top of all that. I think we overlook a lot of items like that when we try to make a situation so extravagent that we forget what the real need is. I offer you a pat on the back for a very good suggestion and thoughts about the 1.3 million. You made a strong point! >:(

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
talia0803
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 12:58:48 am »

Oh this makes me wish I had signed up a year ago! I think it's fantastic when people get involved like this. I have known a child who passed away from cancer and I know how much it meant to him when people cared enough to send cards. People who loved him set up a similar thing and he got a TON of cards for his b day and he felt so loved and cared about, it was a great boost for him in a tough time.
Steiner
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 12:32:07 am »

This is a nice thing I just lost my 7 year old girl to brain cancer. In April 2008.

These kids need all the support you can give them, well done guys.

I know I am bit late on this but it struck a cord in me.

Steiner

Is the alphabet song and twinkle, twinkle little star the same music?

Login with username, password and session length