Author
Topic: Question regarding consecutive Radars in Journey Series  (Read 3822 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:16:56 am »

Hey guys/gals I was just wondering if you could answer this question for me. I have a couple sets of consecutive radars. Do they hold any premium over regular radars because they are consecutive? Or do I really need to find someone that is actually looking for a set?

Furthermore what if in the consecutive radars set one of them is a repeater? Would that make that set worth more? (I was excited and disappointed at the same time with this set b/c it was SOOOO close to a Million note!)

Thanks for your inputs!

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:34:08 am »

Anyone getting blocks of $5 notes can easily obtain a set of 4 consecutive radars so in this case they are not that rare.
Also, it would appear to me that the market on radars has not done as well as it has in the past, likely because of some flooding of large quantities of radars by some collectors.
If someone had matches to any of the numbers, that would bring some interest I would think, even in my case, but I really don't see much of a premium in a set of 4 consecutive radars.
Bottom line is that unless you have something that someone really wants and doesn't think that thy can pick up again....I don't see any great potential for interest. 
Obviously the set with the repeater would likely be more in demand than to other.
 As always, only my opinion. ;D
FRIEDSQUID
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:35:45 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length