Author
Topic: Coin Shop Help?  (Read 3492 times)
zabaf
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:03 pm »

I was wondering if many coin shops would allow me to volunteer my time? I simply want to know more about my hobby and with my age (16) realize that few would want me to work for them considering the average customer would be more then twice my age :P  Any help is appreciated, I just don't want to ask and look like an idiot. I figure that they probably would stare at me like I was an idiot, because they are a business just liek anyone else. But I thought it might be worth a try, what do you guy's thing?

Zabb
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:23:41 pm »

I was wondering if many coin shops would allow me to volunteer my time? I simply want to know more about my hobby and with my age (16) realize that few would want me to work for them considering the average customer would be more then twice my age :P  Any help is appreciated, I just don't want to ask and look like an idiot. I figure that they probably would stare at me like I was an idiot, because they are a business just liek anyone else. But I thought it might be worth a try, what do you guy's thing?

Zabb

Join a local coin club...it's the best way to learn and make connections... Who knows...maybe one of the members could use some part time help
Good luck
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
zabaf
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:38:04 pm »

That is a really good idea, sadly I didn't know about the existance of them until someone form this forum named Jared (Elwoodbluesca) informed me. Sadly the one im my area ( Mississauga) takes July and August off! Talk about unlucky :P  It would just be nice to get to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. My grandfather also collects ( hoards) he has a lot of coins, but doesn't know anything about value or even what he has :P He thought a 1972 American 50 cent peice would be worth at least 100$ it was hard for me to convince him they were common ( in fact I gave up :P ).

Zabb

Thank you for your help! I would have to find a coin shop around me as well :P
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:11:13 pm »

Also check out the local coin shows....Torex will be at the Airport which should be close to you.
You will see a lot there and also maybe meet some local dealers

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:12:35 pm »

Hi Zabb, the Torex coin show will most likely be your best bet to meet and learn about the hobby. Let the members of the forum know if you are attending and we could meet up with you and show introduce you to the other members as well as the dealers.

Login with username, password and session length