Author
Topic: High-Tech Paper Money Restoration Techniques -- Caveat Emptor!  (Read 14032 times)
coinoisseur
    • the Canadian Coinoisseur
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 01:53:40 pm »

The auctioneer has just called to inform me that they have withdrawn the note, and that they have sent this information to the consignor.

The auctioneer is frustrated that on both this site and the CCRS site, posters preferred to vent their minds publicly, rather than to do the proper thing and inform the auctioneer directly. In this public venting, several libelous statements and defamatory comments were made. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated. If there are issues with individuals or companies, bring them up directly with the people involved first, and post a public complaint only after there has not been a satisfactory response to the concerns. And in that public post, ensure that only the facts of the matter be reported; leave out the invectives, the digging-up of skeletons, the innuendos and the libelous crap.

Cheers,
Michael
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 03:05:53 pm »

Thank you Michael,

With that said, I think this is an opportunity for us to establish an official policy in regards to handling and reporting questionable material of an inconsistent nature. With large quantities of material they have to handle I can understand Auctioneers do not have all the necessary information available to them as well as the resources to obtain that information, just as some members of this forum may not feel confident in expressing their experiences having been victims of misrepresentations in the past. While we should expect frank and open discussion on the forum, we owe it to the hobby to report such findings to the immediate parties in a clear, direct, and professional manner. And in the long term provide an invaluable service to the Auctioneers.

Derrick

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »

Thank you Eric and Michael for your efforts to amicably resolve this matter.

On behalf of all forum members here, especially those who chose not to make inappropriate remarks, I wish to apologize to both of you.

At any time, if anyone has any concerns regarding a post made to this forum, you are welcome to direct those concerns to me. I will do my best to address all concerns raised.

As this matter is now wrapped up, I will be closing this thread.

Moving forward, I believe Punkys Dad (Derrick) has some good points. I would like to see if we can act on his suggestion and get some positive change happening. Look for a post from me this week in the General forum.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:50:47 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length