Author
Topic: Stolen Money  (Read 7952 times)
hanmer
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:44:36 pm »

Wow

Bummer!

If we all look though, maybe we can get some of these notes back to their owner.

Insurance?

:)

You mentioned that they cut your safe open. What did they use to cut it open?

:(

[edit]Merging consecutive posts. --BWJM[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:51:40 pm by BWJM »

:)
Stolen Money
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 08:18:20 am »

I am not at liberty to answer that.

------------------------

Thank you all for your comments. I have come to the fact that I personally will not see these again, but SOMEONE will.

BC24C - 1937 UNC 10's #127, 128 and 129 WILL show up some where.

Unless I tell collectors like you, you will not know that those nice bills are hot.

Could take 6 months or 6 years. They will surface somewhere.

Thank you.
ibo2008
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 08:24:05 am »

i deeply feel sorry for you, even tho i know it wont help...will keep an eye on those notes
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 05:07:31 pm »

There was a major burglary at a coin store in Ottawa two years ago. The coin store was located in a small strip mall next to a fast food outlet. The burglars came in through the roof just after midnight, they noticed that the wall between the fast food shop and the coin store was merely dry wall (not concrete like on the other side of the coin store), they hacked through the dry wall in no time and, fortuitously for them, the coin store safes were right next to the hole in the dry wall. They cut into the backs of the two safes using acetylene torches and extracted the loot. It seems they spent about two hours doing the dirty deed. The open area of the coin store was protected by alarms but the safes were not ...........

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
ibo2008
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 06:14:05 pm »

i dont mean to be rude or sarcastic, but isnt the first area you want to protect is your safe area?

Login with username, password and session length