Author
Topic: Quotes on Canada  (Read 2989 times)
Steiner
« on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »

This is a bit off topic but still worth sharing with the group.

I thought I would post up this page on Canadian quotes. Some are very good and some are just downright embarassing. Much like being a Canadian.

Some quoted quotes.

Canadians have been so busy explaining to the Americans that we aren't British, and to the British that we aren't Americans that we haven't had time to become Canadians.
- Helen Gordon McPherson

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

What is a Canadian? A Canadian is a fellow wearing English tweeds, a Hong Kong shirt and Spanish shoes, who sips Brazilian coffee sweetened with Philippine sugar from a Bavarian cup while nibbling Swiss cheese, sitting at a Danish desk over a Persian rug, after coming home in a German car from an Italian movie... and then writes his Member of Parliament with a Japanese ballpoint pen on French paper, demanding that he do something about foreigners taking away our Canadian jobs.
- Anonymous

Canada is like your attic, you forget that it's up there, but when you go, it's like "Oh man, look at all this great stuff!"
- Unknown

Canadian girls are so pretty it's a relief now and then to see a plain one.
- Mark Twain

http://www.canada4life.ca/quotes.php

Enjoy

Steiner

Is the alphabet song and twinkle, twinkle little star the same music?

Login with username, password and session length