Author
Topic: Bird Series $5. ANP Insert Question?  (Read 5064 times)
Oldcollector
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:10:57 pm »

I have had this old stack of $5 notes for years and finally sorted through it.
It is a 1986 Bird Series Bundle ANT7564600-699
Not only did I find a nice radar, I also found an Insert where 633 should have been.

The Insert found is # ANP4524744
The Insert range in the catalogue says the range is ANP 4.32-4.52 (200,000 Notes)
My note is 4,744 above the end of the range, yet I know it is an Insert since I pulled it out from the original Stack of ANT myself.

If you look in the catalogue on page 322 you will see it at the bottom of the page, and it is referred to as BC56eA-i.
But in the Summary of Details on page 316, it does not mention that these are inserts.
It shows that notes in this range are called BD56e-i. 4.320.000 – 9.999.999
There is no BC56eA-i mentioned in the Summary pages.

How do I confirm this find?
Is there a good place to find accurate ranges?

Thanks Oldcollector.
Jokered
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:09 pm »

Hello Oldcollector,

I can share your frustration on this one >:(. About 8 years ago I found a Knight-Theissen BEF 10$ bird series on top of a BEG fresh printed bundle (my fingers were purple when I finished going through them ;D) . This one was the only BEF I found in the three bundles I checked out that day. By then the present insert notes popularity was still to come and nobody cared or even knew that they could be indentified and confirmed in some kind of way. Evidently, it was an insert note by today's standards but since nobody except myself had witnessed this insert, it's considered no more than a regular K-T 10$ BEF.  It appears that nobody could help me on that one either.

Oh well  ::) at least I know it is an insert note and it must be very rare since the Bank has not printed very many of them. I am keeping it, hoping that some day, the Bank will confirm there has been, after the X's series,  the same kind of insert in the bird series.

Have fun collecting!!
bc collect
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:33:42 pm »

Yes I have the same problem, when I found an AOB, in the 5 Million range, in a brick of HN notes.  :(
Since I was the only one to find it it was not confirmed either, but on the other hand I  have the lowest confirmend AOB found.  :)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:33 pm »

How do I confirm this find?
Is there a good place to find accurate ranges?
One problem is that a bundle is not sealed and it is possible that someone took a note from it and replaced if with another.
For instance, if someone got a bundle of notes that I returned to the bank they too may find what they think are inserts but in fact all they are is notes that I replaced back into the bundle after taking other notes out.
Also, unless others confirm what you find, how can one be sure it is a replacement. (No disrespect intended)
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:54:28 pm »

Yes I have the same problem, when I found an AOB, in the 5 Million range, in a brick of HN notes. 
Since I was the only one to find it it was not confirmed either
I'm sure that every brick searcher that searches on a regular basis had found an insert that has not, and likely will not ever be confirmed.  It's just the way it is

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
bc collect
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »

The thing was, I actually was at the bank managers office and he helped me look through the notes, but that was a number of years ago,(AOB, HN notes) and he is no longer in town.
Banks have a habit of moving managers around every couple of years, at least were I live.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:12:36 pm »

FSQ is right. There is a procedure in place, so that we err on the side of caution.

I too have some $50 inserts that never got confirmed. Sigh. Maybe one day. lol

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Jokered
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 11:48:13 pm »

One problem is that a bundle is not sealed and it is possible that someone took a note from it and replaced if with another.
For instance, if someone got a bundle of notes that I returned to the bank they too may find what they think are inserts but in fact all they are is notes that I replaced back into the bundle after taking other notes out.
Also, unless others confirm what you find, how can one be sure it is a replacement. (No disrespect intended)
FRIEDSQUID

Hello FSQ

My story is as BC collect’s. My mortgage advisor called me and took me into the safe with her to go through the bundles of  5$ and 10$. Moreover, the bundles still had the wraps of the Bank and if a collector had gone trough the bundles I went through, he would have picked up (as I did) these radar notes : ANM2491942(5$), BEG7012107, BEG7014107, BEG8723278, as well as the K-T BEF 10$. I guess you would have too. But I tend to agree with you. As long as I am the only one to affirm that my K-T BEF is a replacement note, it is only an ordinary K-T BEF.

Jokered 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:22:00 am by Jokered »
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 01:51:19 am »

Oldcollector  Posted on: December 13, 2008, 06:10:57 PM 
The Insert found is # ANP4524744
The Insert range in the catalogue says the range is ANP 4.32-4.52 (200,000 Notes)
My note is 4,744 above the end of the range, yet I know it is an Insert since I pulled it out from the original Stack of ANT myself.

Talking about the devils, I went back to my collections, I have ANP 4530776 that was pulled out of ANT 2.750 between 500 & 501. I recalled at the time (May 2002) ANP insert range was once ANP 4.32 - 4.54, so I kept it in my collection as insert.

Later that range got revised and it became an out of range regular note.

Hopefully with the two finds we have, we will get back our original 220k range....LOL ???

Login with username, password and session length