Author
Topic: 1954 Issue Solid Radar Registry / Database  (Read 3855 times)
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:29 pm »

It was suggested to me by Bob Graham that it would be useful to have a registry or database of Canadian solid radars.  There is no formal record of these notes after the 1937 Issue.  I am willing to take on this task but need the help of all members to gather this information.

I would like to start with the 1954 Issue, Devil's Face and Modified, and based on the success of that project, move on to the 1967, Multicoloured, Bird and Journey Series.

I am in the process of having a database developed that can be accessed through the Internet.  In the interim, I am requesting any information collectors have or find in relation to 1954 Issue solid radars be posted to this thread.  If available please include an image, grade, full serial number with prefix, location (eg. private collection, show, auction etc.), and any other information you feel relevant.

Old auction catalogues are an excellent source for this information.  I hope to have a preliminary register ready for inclusion in an upcoming CPMS newsletter before the end of 2008.

As an alternative you can email me the information at inquiries@canada-banknotes.com

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur Richards

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »

That's a good idea!

Login with username, password and session length