Selling more than usual
8 (9.3%)
Selling less than usual
10 (11.6%)
Stopped selling completely
6 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author
Topic: Has your buying/selling of Canada banknotes changed in the past 6 months?  (Read 22060 times)
Bernie

I am pretty specialized. So when the right note comes along, I try to get it. I seem to have gotten some good bargains lately.
nomunny

buying more lately, and I've seen some good deals - don't know if that's because of the economy.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 03:45:49 pm »

From about 2 years ago till this past June, I stopped buying (or selling) completely.  I really lost interest in the hobby after the new updated Journey series came out.  I'm not in the least bit interested in "Inserts."

I just started getting interested again recently (past 2 months) since there are some interesting change-overs.  I have seen a few excellent deals for the odd rare note on the online auctions, but they're far and few between, since it appears as if less good stuff is up for sale.

Missy
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:10 pm »

Curious......since it's been almost a year since this thread started, are folks' thoughts still the same?... or are there changes
coinsoldier

I have been buying more so I can sell more.
I buy to sell ...... I sell to buy. It is a never ending cycle.
During the past year I am dealing nearly exclusively with UNC or better banknotes.
I only buy lower grades (circulated) banknotes if I get a real deal on a larger estate lot.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture

Since my last post in Sept 2009, I've been trying to buy up desirable notes, but its been hard to find anything but common chaff out there. 

I have made a few purchases which I perceived to be a very good deal at the time, but then again, this is my perception only (which becomes dated) since I have been holding onto the said notes waiting for a time to sell.   My bias that I have made a few wise and advantageous deals (buying notes for less than 1/2 book value at times) is strictly based on the hope that the market will change and there will be buyers out there (eventually!)

Like many collectors here and ones I've met in the past- I buy a few change-overs and less common notes in high grade, in order to resell and hopefully to buy something more particular to add to my collection at a later date.

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member

At the end of 2008 and for most of 2009 my goal was to buy the highest grade, rarest and most expensive replacement notes I could find (while trying to avoid the just expensive ones). I was buying everything I could get my hands on and for the better part of 2009 I started to question if there was such a thing as rare replacements as I was buying so many. Looking back a few years later I’m glad to have bought what I did as I haven’t seen many others offered. 2010 was a great year for less rare notes and common replacements and when buying lots the prices were very reasonable. Leading into 2011 has been really anemic for me. For the most part all I keep seeing are the same notes listed continuously month after month.

MG
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:35:39 pm by Mortgage Guy »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!

I find myself buying less frequently but spending a great deal more on the items I purchase.

2011 purchases:

1937 Osbourne $50 VF
2 x 1937 $2 in Gem UNC

Dean

Frank_Lut
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »

Buying as much as I can lately!  ;)

Login with username, password and session length