Author
Topic: Insert / replacement notes  (Read 3912 times)
Deehong
« on: November 11, 2008, 10:21:55 am »

I'm actually really curious i went the Chapters to check out the charlton's bible :P. why is replacement notes worth more than it's face value? (If you get a brick, Wouldn't that mean you got 1000 insert notes?)

KrispyNote
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:24:50 am »

A insert is a sheet of notes that has been "inserted" into the brick as a replacement for some notes that had issues or errors, these notes are depicted by a different prefix and sometimes there are no inserts in a brick as things went smooth, no mistakes were made, I could be wrong about this and maybe a more informed member could tell you, but I think thats the reason when you find an insert it is more rare, thus the premium!!!
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

If you get a brick, Wouldn't that mean you got 1000 insert notes?)
I think you should be reading more of the posts and articles on insert/replacement notes. A brick is 1000 notes , that does not mean insert notes.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 05:49:50 pm »

these notes are depicted by a different prefix
This is not always true. For instance the new APN inserts were found in an APN brick and this is the case with many inserts.
Also remember that there are sheet replacements and SNRs (Single Note Replacements) so they would not be present in every brick.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Deehong
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:30:46 pm »

I'm still learning paper money. I more of a coin guy than a paper guy but paper just interest me more and more now :D

Thanks for the answers:D still making my way reading the forum posts:D

Login with username, password and session length