Author
Topic: The New Twenty Dollar Note  (Read 22518 times)
jonathan
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2004, 07:45:48 pm »

Well, I suppose a lot of banks here in St. John's now have the new $20 available.  Since the $20 is the most used banknote in Canada, I think there will be absolutely no trouble coming across a new $20 nowadays, as the new $20 was only released last week.  All you have to do is ask your friendly teller for them, and they will very likely get them for you.   8) 8)

The banks are still handing out the "out of style" old $20's, when they should be giving out the new notes, but as the BoC says, "all notes from previous issues remain legal tender". :D

I think that the "old" $20's that banks here in St. John's have outnumber the "new" $20's, but remember - it has only been in circulation for a little more than a week now.  It will possibly take two to three, maybe even four years for all the old stock of $20's to disappear. :)

BTW, one of my friends had received an "old-old" 1979 $20 last week sometime - he should hang on to it for awhile. 8)

Bye 4 Now, Jonathan   8)

P.S.:  I tried a Scotiabank out here two days ago - they had them!!!
JB-2007
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2004, 02:46:15 am »

BTW, one of my friends had received an "old-old" 1979 $20 last week sometime - he should hang on to it for awhile. 8)

I got an old Crow-Bouey one tonight in change... 5076... and best of all it was still in AU !!!

Login with username, password and session length