Author
Topic: Recent Auction  (Read 2334 times)
Australia
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:50:34 pm »

I am curious to see if action activity is down in Canada or individuals reserve on auction lots to high for the economy?  I only ask this because of a note I was interested in (but did not bid on because of shipping requirements over seas) from the February Torex Auction - the same notes also appeared in CNC March Internet Auction?

Out of curiosity I was looking at the catalog for both auctions and noticed at least 20 of the same notes in the each auction (only looked at the DOC and BOC 1935 series).  I am only assuming these notes consigners did not sell in the Torex auction and were consigned to the CNC Auction (or I guess CNC could have bought them all for their auction - I would assume at prices which they believed they could re-sell at a sufficient)

In addition, I notice most of these notes if not all were TPG by PMG that did not sell?

I watched the CNC auction on the Internet through icollector and also observed most of the lots in this particular auction did not sell?

Any comment on strength of auctions, reserves, perceived bias against TPG graded notes from PMG at auction?

Curious in Australia

Login with username, password and session length