Author
Topic: the mint is missing gold, silver, platinum and palladium  (Read 9139 times)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 01:27:39 am »

The current CEO/Master of the Mint, Ian Bennett was appointed by Stephen Harper (a Conservative government appointed patronage position) on June 12th, 2006.  Other high level executive partonage appointments at the Mint have also been appointed since then.

As for inventory accounting of the precious metals, all was fine and accounted for during all of the annual independent audits during the Liberal government regime.  It was only until the past year has there been missing precious metals at the Mint under the current Conservative government.   

For some reason, the (Conservative) Minister of Public Works and Government Services, Christian Paradis, knew the facts about the missing gold much earlier, but delayed to involve the RCMP until recently.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:22:44 pm by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
Bill49
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 02:46:00 pm »

Sorry if I offended on the political statement but it was in humor....we all know it could be anyone including an organized clique within it's own walls. It could even be sitting at the bottom of the Ottawa river slipping out the discharge pipe...anyways my guess it isn't one person that pulled this off.
Will the case be solved....I would say yes....will heads roll....yes!
Bill49
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:50:23 pm »

Reported today the RCMP still hasn't started to look.... ???
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:11 am »

Does anyone else find it odd that while the gold has disappeared from the Mint, government responsibility for the mint has been with the Minister of TRANSPORT?  i.e. the minister in charge of moving stuff around the country?

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 12:49:21 am »

It's a cover-up.  Royal Canadian Mint Police and RCMP are both federal regulated law enforcement agencies.  Basically, big brother investigated little brother, and found no wrong doing.  Up to the Auditor General of Canada to take a look into this.   Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:53:27 am by coinsplus »

woodguy62
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 04:06:38 pm »

The issue is so pathetic and such an embarassment.  The Mint's really finding different methods to say they 'legally' lost the gold.   And for them to suddenly find that this many ounces went down the drain, and this many ounces went out as slag (which they forgot to recover), is such a joke.  This whole thing is a cover up.

Philippe_B
  • CPMS 1363
    • http://pages.videotron.com/transam/IMG_1194.JPG
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 08:10:00 pm »

I totally agree with you Coinsplus.  :)

Philippe

Login with username, password and session length