Author
Topic: Question about new Journey $10 Jenkins/Carney signatures.  (Read 4097 times)
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:46:42 pm »

Something doesn't seem right. I  have a Jenkins/Dodge BTU prefix $10, yet I have a Jenkins/Carney BFC $10. Since the Carney signature comes after the Dodge one, how is it the Jenkins/Carney $10 has an earlier prefix?
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:01:40 am »

BFC is not an earlier prefix. BFA-BFZ (of which only BFC has been seen so far) follows BTA-BTZ.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
billhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:08:59 am »

Your BFC IS NOT an earler note. It is in fact a LATER note.  I'm not sure exactly where the Carney signature began although BTY's have been seen with the Carney signature, i have one at 1023378 in Ch. Unc. condition. Do not forget that the five and ten dollar bills are re-using the 1973 one dollar prefixes. Such as AAA to AAD in the fives and BFA to BFC in the tens. Check the post on five and ten dollar highs and lows for updates. I would not be surprised if the 1986 two dollar bill prefixes could be used after the 1973 ones. Although considering how many prefixes are available from the one dollar issue it will be a LONG time before they are exhausted...hope this helps.
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 01:39:25 am »

My reasoning was: there would be a BTZ Jenkins/Dodge note, then if this was close to the changeover, then i.e. BUA would be a Jenkins/Carney. I was mainly looking at the middle letter in the prefix. I'm mostly puzzled by the "F" instead of the "U" I thought would follow.
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:45 am »

Let's don't mix up the changeover of signatures and changeover of prefix series.

Brent posted earlier, BTA-BTZ series will be followed by BFA-BFC series. So no new BUA prefix series will be issued for now.

As for signature changeover, we've already seen BTW being the first Jenkins/Carney note. So the last Jenkins/Dodge $10 is expected to be BTV. No one has yet reported BTV so far. Hopefully time will tell soon.

Login with username, password and session length