Author
Topic: who is the first with the new charlton government catalogue?  (Read 7672 times)
noon
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:37 am »

I have to add that i have seen and bought notes significantly below book. Honestly I'm surprised at the valuations for most of the notes.

MG

What do i know. lol

i have being lucky some time and won some for much less than the book valu and some times
i payed more like my recent $1 $2 $5 1954 MD low numbe 0000002 for $700 cnd in UNC+
and lookinf for the rest 0000002 $10 $20 $50 $100 notes may be $1000 lool it will take lot of time and $$$$ lol
eti1
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:10 pm »

Bear in mind that the Charlton catalogue only give an estimate of a note value and is at no time an actual note value. The price of a note is set by offer and demand. The only problem demand can not be evaluate these day because the many so call “auction” start at a price almost equivalent to the price publish in Charlton and on top of that you need to add a buyer premium often reaching 20% + all applicable taxes, so it's not the best way to evaluate the true price of a note. If you compare the price of a note ten years ago the price almost double, did demand raise to that extend, or something else is pushing the price upward, maybe collector that as been in the market longer then me can give their opinion, if the market can hold such a jump in price?

Login with username, password and session length