Author
Topic: $1000 video from Numismatic show  (Read 2961 times)
Bill49
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:58:08 pm »

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2009/08/13/10456096.html#/news/edmonton/2009/08/13/pf-10456096.html

Are these devil head notes or regular ones...Thought Lawson Booey signatures weren't ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:07:25 am by Bill49 »
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:21:10 am »

I believe the speaker (Don Olmstead) is referring to the DF $1000 first shown, saying that it is worth about $4,000 in its current condition, but if it were uncirculated like this one (referring to the Lawson/Bouey), it would be worth about $12,000. I can't imagine Don suggesting that the L/B note would be worth $12k.

Don't forget, you can't see what Don is pointing at with his finger because the video is cropped to only show the note. Don could be pointing at an UNC DF $1000, but the camera operator moved to a different note.

Thanks for posting the video - it's a nice little promo piece from the show and if you look, you can actually see the large bourse room. It's a really nice size with very spacious aisleways and lots of dealers. Being from Ontario, it is nice for me to get out here and see a variety of new dealers that I have never met before. That means new people but more importantly, new material for me to browse through!

If you're in the Edmonton area this weekend, I highly encourage you to drop in to the convention - It's at the Delta Edmonton South hotel and you can find more information in the Shows and Events forum on this site.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length