Author
Topic: Should I keep all J/D BTV $10s?  (Read 3822 times)
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:46 pm »

I have one BTV note is fairly nice condition, crisp, sharp corners, only one center fold, but close to the end of the run. I think it was BTV0101something, and I have two other BTVs but lower numbers, in the 62000 range, but are only in VF condition. Are these notes going to be worth a lot in the future? I know it's a signature crossover note, but the condition isn't the greatest, so are they worth keeping, or spend?
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:52:50 pm »

I would hang onto them at the present time.

Also, please send me the full serial number, FPN and BPN as I am tracking these notes and doing some research into the numbering of notes in this area. Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:59:33 pm »

I haven't found a single one and will keep ANY that I find.

I'm also looking to purchase if you are interested in selling one.

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:18 pm »

Here is some info on the btv notes I found in change: BTV0062732 (FP72)
BTV0098328 (FP59), BTV0061482 (FP82), BTV0060567 (FP65). Unfortunately, I spent most of them because they were in poor condition. Two of the notes had large tears on the top of the notes, one was taped together, the other two had multiple creases and heavy vertical folds. Also couldn't find the back plate numbers. After I got rid of them, I was looking at some other ten's and realized the back plate number is located on the far right hand side near the center edge, but some plate numbers are very faint and hard to see. If I see more I will try to record back plate numbers. I found some at work and have many co-workers trying to find some more. I kept one that is in about EF condition, crisp note but is slightly folded in the center, but not a deep fold.

Login with username, password and session length