Author
Topic: Happy 33rd Birthday Multicoloured Sawbucks!  (Read 7119 times)
jonathan
« on: November 08, 2004, 05:53:42 pm »

One of the prettiest and most colourful $10 notes were released on this very day close to one-third of a century ago! :D

(That's one year older than I am!  ;D)

Peace, Jonathan 8)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 06:05:52 pm »

Is this really a necessary comment?

Marc :)
jonathan
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 06:44:57 pm »

Not really.  Just want to have some fun. ;D
JB-2007
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 11:14:22 pm »

Johnathan this is going to sound mean but much of your 400+ post on this form are useless or unnecessary info. Sorry i know that it sounds mean but it is true in a way compared to all the other posts of the others on this forum.  :-/
Steve11
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 12:24:08 am »

SO? so what? big deal...John wants to have some FUN with the hobby.. SO WHAT!! who does it hurt..what harm does it cause...geez people..relax for the love of God...chill out and maybe JUST MAYBE start having some fun...personally I enjoy John's enthusiasm,,his dedication to enjoyment, and his total irreverance to the "stuffy stodgy oh so bloody serious" OLD MEN of this hobby. But; thats just this libertarians two cents.
emsteph
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 01:54:47 am »

Johnathan this is going to sound mean but much of your 400+ post on this form are useless or unnecessary info.:-/

How insulting can one be?  :(

Gripes, give the guy a break. I agree with "Steve11". I too enjoy enthusiasm like this. I personally find the postings of all the H/L rathing boring, but I certainly appreciate and respect what they may mean to others. I for one enjoyed Johnathan's orginal posting...interesting fact.

Too each their own...but please, let's be respectful of each other.  ;)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 03:12:33 am »

but please, let's be respectful of each other.  ;)

A good idea for sure...  Thanks sid for your comment.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 03:34:38 am »

If you don't want to read a forum members comments you can put them on an ignore list in your profile if you wish.

I would not do this to anyone myself.

Keep having fun Jonathan.

Gary_T
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 07:54:02 am »

I never said it hurt anyone.  I just said that because 33 isn't a "milestone" birthday. ;)

Marc :)
canada-hongkong
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 06:58:53 pm »

If it was 30 years, 40 years, then yes, it is worth noting. But 33 years? Jonathan does have a lot of interesting comments. Remember, not all members are old geezers not able to take a joke. I could say a lot of other members post random stuff, such as BWJM's incredibly "wonderful" (*cough*) $2 Test note which obivoucly looked like a doctored $20. This forum can be rather dry at times. Cut the guy some slack. I do agre with Steve11
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 09:38:05 pm »

BWJM's incredibly "wonderful" (*cough*) $2 Test note which obivoucly looked like a doctored $20.

Oh come on, that was a masterfully done piece of Photoshop artwork.  Errrrrr, I mean it's a legitimate Journey $2 test note!!!  Honest!!! ;D

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Jason
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 09:57:32 pm »

I agree with witchdoctor's comment about the RCM.  They will use ANY excuse to come up with a commemorative coin, and the number of the anniversary doesn't really seem to matter to them.

As for Jonathan's choice to celebrate a 33rd anniversary, or anyone else's choice..... isn't it up to them?  Often times a celebration is a very personal choice, as is the significance of one's reasons.  And as many have said--he's not hurting anyone.  For those who do not appreciate Jonathan's enthusiasm or humour, do as many before me have advised, and don't read his posts.  But allow those of us who DO enjoy reading them to continue to do so.

And a note to Jonathan... I hope you are working on the final stanza of your epic poem about the Canadian Journey series of banknotes.  I am looking forward to reading it, and I would bet that I am not alone.

Jason
jonathan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 11:25:22 pm »

How's this for a Journey verse...

The big red fifty is coming your way
The big red fifty will make our day
The big red fifty
Now isn't that nifty
That the new fifty's out on Wednesday.

How's that, Jason?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 11:26:29 pm by jonathan »
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 12:19:21 am »

Remember to please stay on-topic.  Your poems are already posted in their own threads.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length