Author
Topic: Q: What do you use to store/display your graded notes?  (Read 8004 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:21 pm »

Hi Guys (and Gals) I was just wondering what you people use to hold/display your graded notes.

Someone from a different forum suggested the following to me. It looks really nice and sturdy but its be a tad pricey ($65-75 USD)

I also have been looking for those lighthouse type of 2 window maylar binder pages for my graded notes but as of yet have not found any.

Something like this:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:21:23 pm by Wizard1 »

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:21:24 pm »

I was just wondering what you people use to hold/display your graded notes.
A cardboard box from the Dollar Store....They fit perfectly... :)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 01:25:53 pm »

You should give Steve from BCS a call..He is working on a album for TPG notes to fit these holders, but he could probably tell you were you can get the 2 pocket sleeves as well.  I have seen some members that had them at the last show
FRIEDSQUID

starman
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 02:48:49 pm »

Go to  www.prairiecoin.com for the binder pages. I use them.
gonkman
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:22 am »

Ouch..

I love the Product Photo of the person Bending the Hell out of the note in the TPG Holder in the page binder.

Wow...

Makes you wonder why maybe PMG Notes are overgraded?? Perhaps some collectors handle there Graded notes this way..lol.

You would think the pages of the holder would be a bit more rigid. :)

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:38:04 pm »

Ouch..

I love the Product Photo of the person Bending the Hell out of the note in the TPG Holder in the page binder.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

davcos03
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 09:21:47 am »

Ouch..

Maybe they thought it would help with sales  :)
Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:20:49 pm »

Go to  www.prairiecoin.com for the binder pages. I use them.

I'm glad someone asked the question as I was thinking the same thing myself.  I've got about 25 notes in BCS holders now but they are actually larger than the pages you promoted by 1/2 an inch.  For the time being they're laying flat in a wooden box that used to house tangerines.  I like the idea of the album and pages but as someone else said, they are a little pricey.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 12:27:57 am »

I'm glad someone asked the question as I was thinking the same thing myself.  I've got about 25 notes in BCS holders now but they are actually larger than the pages you promoted by 1/2 an inch.  For the time being they're laying flat in a wooden box that used to house tangerines.  I like the idea of the album and pages but as someone else said, they are a little pricey.

If you have a Dollarama in your area check out the boxes they have for a buck
The ones they sell come in a variety of soild colors with lids and they will hold over 70 BCS holders perfectly.  You can't beat the price...
FRIEDSQUID

Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 08:58:29 am »

If you have a Dollarama in your area check out the boxes they have for a buck
The ones they sell come in a variety of soild colors with lids and they will hold over 70 BCS holders perfectly.  You can't beat the price...
FRIEDSQUID

Thanks, I found a Wintery box for under $2 but the notes don't stand up with the lid on so they have to lay flat.  I can display them nicely now if I want as they stick out of the top!

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:21 am »

Keep checking Dollarama's because I know many stores still have them in stock and the BCS notes fit in perfectly with no room for play...asthough they were made for them :)
I did notice that the ones I have seen in Toronto stores have been bumped to $1.50 now :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:06:05 am by friedsquid »

Login with username, password and session length