Author
Topic: *NEW FEATURE* Imageshack now integrated into the forums!  (Read 9172 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:49 am »

Hi all, for everyone's viewing and posting pleasure we now have imageshack image hosting integraded into the forums when posting new threads.

When posting you will see this below the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS section

{http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8325/imageshack1p.jpg}

Then choose the browse section to locate your file. Once you have chosen your file you can press the HOST IT! button

Once your image is uploaded you can copy the img code from one of the two fields and post it to your message.

{http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8933/imageshack2q.jpg}

IF you want to add more images to your post click on the HOST ANOTHER IMAGE ICON

{http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4841/imageshack3f.jpg}

Now you don't need to worry about uploading pictures to your own file space! ENJOY!

To keep the forums as tidy as possible we suggest you stick with the CLICKABLE THUMB image url when posting.Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:18:16 am by Wizard1 »

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:45:46 am »

Great....

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »

That's great, and if I didn't already have my own hosting server, I'd be delighted with this.  One question, though... will the end result be the same in terms of what other people browsing the forum see?  In other words, will the image posted using the form appear as a thumbnail in the message, and then when you click it, you get spammed by pop-up advertisements even before you can see the enlarged version of the image?

I'm not intending this message to be offensive, just sharing my experiences of using ImageShack.

No hay banda  
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:49:46 pm »

Yes, the end result is the same.

I don't know how you're getting all those popups... Firefox with AdBlock results in zero popups when using ImageShack, and Internet Explorer 7's popup blocker effectively handles the popups as well (but in my testing, I could only get the site to attempt a popup once. Even with the popup blocker disabled, I still got nothing).

My suggestion would be to enable your popup blocker (IE), or use Firefox with AdBlock Plus.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:58:17 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:00:03 pm »

I know how to enable my browser's pop-up blocker.  I'm just too lazy to do it because I visit other websites where the pop-up scripts are necessary to the sites' functionality, meaning I would have to go back and forth between enabling and disabling the pop-up blocker as I navigate from site to site.  It's too bad ImageShack has to annoy its users with spam, but like I said above, I don't have to use it.  All I have to do is not click on ImageShack links and I'm OK.

No hay banda  
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »

You can enable the popup blocker and add exceptions for sites that you trust such as the other websites you mention.

If you don't want to use the popup blocker, well, I'm not really sure what to say there. That's your choice I suppose.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »

I just tried the new integrated Imageshack feature and there are no pop-ups.  Great, problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:13:22 pm by mmars »

No hay banda  
coinsplus
  • Forum Moderators
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:00:35 am »

I like the new feature, but "Imageshack" always delays my computer because of those annoying pop-up ads. 

For those that need a image server, I prefer "photobucket" - www.photobucket.com

There's no pop-up adds, and they also do thumbnail size images. 

Smile from your heart.  ;D
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:07:03 am »

coinsplus: Please see my above comments for blocking popup windows.

I hate popup windows just as much if not more than anyone else here, yet with a very simple solution, I've solved the problem completely. If you don't like popup windows, do something about it.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length